Toolmaker II – Savannah, GA
Aerospace Professional Services, LLC •
Position Type: Contractor
The person needs to have conventional machining experience. This is someone that has worked with Bridgeport machines, lathes, and grinding tools.
***The skill set includes being able to measure and have a good understanding of math and geometric tolerancing.
- Set up and operate tool shop machinery and equipment to fabricate and assemble quality tooling from Tool Design, Engineering drawings and/or hand sketches.
- Perform calculations of materials needed and the speed and feeds required on all machining functions.
- Set up and utilize precision measuring tools; check own work for conformance to specifications.
- Assist with tool prove out on new and reworked detail tooling.
- Comply with all safety regulations and maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Operate cart and forklift.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required. 3 years machine shop experience and/or machine shop training at a Vocational Technical School. Valid Driver’s License required.
- Must have a good understanding and ability to apply shop math. Ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)