Functions as the Aviation Maintenance Quality Control/Quality Assurance (QC/QA), technical inspector under the direction of the QC Manager. Technical Inspector / Inspector Authorization duties include sign-off of all red ‘X’ and circle red ‘X’ conditions pertaining to the aircraft systems, and aircraft components. Technical inspector of all specific airframe, power-train, power-plant, armament, electrical and avionics systems. Determines requirement to conduct a Maintenance Test Flight (MTF) / Maintenance Operational Check (MOC), and provides inspection criteria interpretation to maintenance staff. Uses common measuring tools, precision measuring gages and alignment fixtures (GFE). Assists the Customer in maintaining a current technical library and applicable aircraft forms and records. Assists the Customer Weight and Balance (W&B) technician to complete Weight and Balance records for all assigned aircraft and complete all appropriate Weight and Balance documentation according to Customer directives and applicable manuals. Functions as the site QC Data Analyst, and the technical and compliance documentation administrator. Establishes the maintenance quality control processes, procedures, standards, measures and reports in support of the maintenance program for all maintenance support activities. Ensures that all related operations are conducted in a safe manner. Conducts maintenance and technical inspector training as required and input OJT training data in learning management system database.
1. Performs quality technical inspection of aircraft, equipment, vehicles, aircraft components, parts, and systems (including avionics, electrical, instrument and armament) as required by functional assignment.
2. Performs quality and safety inspections of on-site equipment and tools used in aircraft maintenance, vehicles, and equipment
3. Performs in-progress and final quality technical inspections during maintenance, repair, modification, rework, and overhaul of aircraft, aircraft components, and component parts.
4. Inspects job procedural forms and maintenance forms used in the performance of aircraft maintenance, vehicle and equipment maintenance to assure compliance with approved methods and procedures.
5. Assists in preparation, processing, and answering of Quality Deficiency Reports (QDRs). Assists in aircraft accident investigations, prepares estimated cost of damage reports as required.
6. Establish the maintenance quality control processes, procedures, standards, measures, and reports in support of the maintenance program and in coordination with Supply Chain Management (SCM) activities.
7. Directs inquires, investigations, and research analysis related to quality control maintenance processes and supporting maintenance activities, to the QC Supervisor.
8. Ensures all quality control maintenance operations and related maintenance support activities are conducted in a safe manner.
9. In coordination with the QC Manager, supports the Downed Aircraft Recovery Team (DART) processes and procedures.
10. Conducts maintenance training and technical inspector training as required.
11. Other tasks as directed by the QC Manager.
B. Independence: Authority to select and implement goals and objectives within the execution of duties and responsibilities.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: As directed by the first line supervisor or higher