In a team oriented work environment, perform aircraft installation of parts and components, lines, cables, etc. in area assigned using required. tools and appropriate prints, specifications, and operational requirements to complete work assigned through final inspection, and assure conformance to specifications.
Train other team members in methods and procedures.
May serve as an acting Team Coordinator as required.
- Perform the most complex structure or aircraft installations, repairs, rework or tests, requiring familiarity with all functions of components and systems to be installed; ensure all parts/assembly meet requirements.
- By using proper documentation and control, manage all parts and disposition of parts in assigned work station. Instruct and assist other team members in interpretation of blueprints, drawings, and engineering orders; develop methods and shop aids to resolve production installation difficulties and problems.
- Coordinate work with other departments to ensure smooth workflow.
- Responsible for quality and efficiency of own installations; make repairs per discrepant material tags, material review request; performs necessary work to ensure installations meet conformity.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment to successfully complete component installation. Troubleshoot mechanical and structural problems.
- Update and sign required. logs and records as required.
- May be required. to plan and organize workloads and resource requirements.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, support the company FOD and 5S programs and comply with all safety regulations.
- Demonstrate Manufacturing competencies in the employee effectiveness review.
- Maintain and use all logs and records such as MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs, etc.
- Support continuous improvement processes as assigned.
- In support of aircraft certification and final phase testing, may include flight tests on aircraft as required. .
- Perform other duties as assigned.