Helicopter Ramp Control - Maui
Air Methods Corporation •
Provides top level customer service support to the organization. Ensures ramp safety and serves as the lesion for ramp communication between Pilots and ground staff.
The classification of this position is broad and assigned specific functional areas; duties and assignments may overlap depending on the operational needs of the department.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities include the following:
Support all company policies and procedures within the department.
Assist Front Desk Operations when needed.
- Ensuring there is sufficient supply of back up headsets/microphones for A/C.
- Maintaining and organizing Inside Radio desk. (certain base locations)
- Conduct safety briefing, preparing manifest, and issue life vest for guests.
- Entertain guests while waiting for flight.
- Greet guests while returning from flight and assist with removal of life vests.
- Flight following –to include, departing and returning flights from Alpro.
- Communicate with Ramp personnel regarding rerouting, cancelled flights, and delayed flights.
- Communicate with Pilots if inflight videos are not working properly.
- Contact Avionics if pilots needing assistance.
- Hobbs. Need to input at the end of the day.
- Assist cashiers with duties and chores.
Additional Job Requirements
- Escort Guests to Aircraft in a safely and professional manner.
- Assist guests with seatbelts, headphones, and microphones.
- Secure A/C before departing (doors, latch check, oil leak, A/C lens, window washing).
- Offload guests in a safely and professional manner and escort guests back to safe zone.
- Offer a photo for guests before or after flight in front of the A/C in a safe area.
- Assist Ramp control if needing Maintenance.
- Assist Inside Radio with life vests. (certain base locations).
- During down time, entertain, interact and be available to guests in lobby area.
- Confirming that all Pilots are provided with the manifests for next flight.
- Reset seatbelts before next round of flights
- Reset headsets and microphones before next round of flights
- Be sure that the Retail associate is provided with the inflight videos from A/C.
- When pilots are on lunch, reset belts, headsets, microphones, sanitize aircraft (wipe down belts and headsets, and microphones) and help pilots with blades and shades.
- Ramp Operations:
- Check ramp of any FOD.
- Reviewing event schedules for any special indications.
- Ensuring fueling pads are accessible, and not occupied by any Aircraft DFD.
- Communicate with MX of any Ops flights, or Ferrys.
- Assist Pilots with pre-flight of A/C (undo blades, and shades).
- Ensuring guests, Pilots, employees and Aircraft is safe at all times on the ramp.
- Clear Pilot and Aircraft for take-off/ landing and shutting down of Aircraft.
- Land aircraft and Pilots on the designated fueling pad.
- Be sure guests are within 50ft away from a fueling aircraft.
- Observe surrounding airspace for any potential aircraft conflicts the Pilot may not see.
- Look over aircraft for any type of fuel leaks or latches not secured.
- Speak over radio to pilots in a professional manner.
- Be sure all Aircrafts that are down for lunch are ready for afternoon flights.
- Shut down all A/C for end of day.
- Notify EL when all A/C is down.
- Assist with Retail for closing.
- Verify bank deposit with Retail.
- Organize life vests at the end of the day.
- Charge laptops for next day use.
- Be sure building is lock and secure.
- Make sure dispatch schedule for next day is in daily notes.
- Lead the day-to-day operations in the Guest Services department. Serve as a liaison between maintenance, Flight operations and other departments should Assistant Base and Base Manager not available.
- Conduct weekly 10 Min trainings
- Conduct training for Flight Cashiers, Retail Cashiers, and Inside Radio
- Communicate with Retail Coordinator on re-stocking of retail items
- Assist Base Manager and Assistant Base Manager in maintaining a well-kept lobby area for guests.
- Other duties as assigned
Regular scheduled attendance
Indicate the percentage of time spent traveling - 15
Subject to applicable laws and Blue Hawaiian policies, regular attendance is an essential function of the position. All employees must follow Blue Hawaiians employment practices and policies.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. In accordance with applicable laws, Blue Hawaiians will provide reasonable accommodations that do not create an undue burden so disabled employees may perform the essential functions of the position.
- Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1-2 years sales experience.
- 1-2 years of cash handling experience.
- 1-2 years of related experience.
- Ability to maintain a high-level of alertness as job may require working around an aircraft.
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment and be able to balance multiple tasks successfully.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to effectively present information to guests or fellow employees in one-on-one and small group situations.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the position.
- Intermediate with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- POS/Inventory Control System experience preferred.
Air Methods is an EEO/AA employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)