Under general supervision fabricates, installs, calibrates, validates, and maintains data acquisition systems in support of Flight Test engineering data collection for aircraft certification and product improvements. Performs a variety of duties with general assistance in the electronic, mechanical, and electro-mechanical fields in Flight Test. Duties include installation, checkout, calibrations, validations, maintenance, and operation of instrumentation and data acquisition systems in support of flight and ground testing for research, development, and certification of aircraft.
- Fabricates and installs electrical harnesses and instrumentation components per flight test engineering via drawings, blueprints, and general direction.
- Assists in checkouts, calibrations, and validations of instrumentation installations.
- Assists with data acquisition system equipment and wiring maintenance.
- Assist with the operation of test equipment for data acquisition. Performs data system preflight test procedures.
- Assists with troubleshooting and repairing all aircraft instrumentation systems and their respective components pertaining to acquisition signal conditioners, recorders, video equipment, telemetry systems and associated wiring.
- Maintains daily logs and other paperwork as required. to include aircraft maintenance forms and records.
- Provides technical assistance in other areas of Flight Test as required.
- Maintain good housekeeping in all areas to include instrumentation shop, hangars, break area and office.
- Attend department safety meetings and demonstrate safe work practice.
Perform other duties as assigned.