Grant Aviation, Inc •
This position is part of the Grant Aviation ground crew that loads, unloads, and prepares aircraft for scheduled and charter flights. Our Ramp Agents are friendly and caring staff who work behind-the-scenes to ensure that our flights leave on time, in a safe and efficient manner. Ramp Agents are responsible for the receipt, storage, and movement of cargo, including US Mail, and interface with our passengers as they load and unload baggage from flights and book cargo. We have Ramp positions at multiple bases in our areas of operation. Ramp Agents are hourly employees with flexible schedules. We offer both full-time and part-time positions.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
POSITION REPORTING STRUCTURE
- Report to work on time and with a friendly and positive attitude.
- Receive, process, store, and load or unload cargo.
- Operate Material Handling Equipment such as forklifts.
- Assist with customer service issues.
- Assisting passenger with special needs.
- Process inbound and outbound mail shipments.
- Process various reports and computer data input.
- Interface with customers in person, by email, or over the phone
- Other duties as required by management.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Reports to the Station Manager and works in conjunction with the Station Agent.
- Friendly and positive demeanor when dealing with customers.
- Accurate and timely processing of mail and other cargo.
- Accurate and timely processing of payments and related accounting reports.
- Reports to work according to scheduled work times.
- Operates ground support equipment in a safe and reliable manner.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Ability to interact with customers in a friendly and positive manner.
- Knowledge of basic computer functions and operations.
- Able to lift 70 pounds.
- Not have a conviction for any theft or related offense as it relates to the handling of US Mail.
- Ability to operate telephone, email, and internet based programs.
- Knowledge of material handling equipment such as forklifts.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with ability to learn and master new computer programs.
- Be available for shift work to include nights and weekends.
- Able to pass a 10 year background check and work in the US.
- Must be in the State of Alaska
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)