PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a Product Repair/Mod Technician, in Joint Base Charleston, SC.
The C-17 Product Repair/Modification Technician: GFD5IC
- Assembles, disassembles and/or modifies systems by changing, removing, replacing or upgrading aerospace vehicle components to correct failures or implement changes.
- Oversees assembly, disassembly or overhaul.
- Configures aerospace vehicles and bench test equipment.
- Troubleshoots complex pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical systems to isolate mechanical or electrical faults and repair faulty components.
- Performs validation/verification testing of systems and components.
- Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results).Inspects components and verifies repairs for flight worthiness requirements.
- Oversees training.
- Works under general direction.
- The primary role will be to maintain C-17 Engine Handling Support Equipment, Preserve spare engines, prepare engines for shipment & maintain C-17 Palletized seating systems.
• Documents procedures and established processes to ensure contractual and regulatory compliance (e.g., repairs, test results, applicable modifications and inspection results).
• Inspects components and verifies repairs.
• Provide technical support to Engineering for the creation and modification of technical drawings used on multiple platforms.
• Perform electrical troubleshooting of AC/DC circuits, and ground path continuity utilizing multimeters and spectrum analyzers.
Education / Experience:
- Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years' related work, Bachelor, etc.).
PDS Defense, Inc. is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call 1-866-224-2745 to contact us. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
The law requires PDS Defense, Inc. to post a notice describing the Federal laws prohibiting job discrimination. For information regarding your legal rights and protections, please click on the following links: EEO is the Law and EEO is the Law Supplement
PDS Defense, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay. Please see the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision for more information.
As a Federal Contractor, PDS Defense, Inc. is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information, please click on the following link: E-Verify