Sheet Metal Mechanic **Fast Feedback** Long Term** - Jacksonville, FL -HVY-
Strom Aviation •
Type of aircraft: Commercial
Longevity: 6+ Months
Quick feedback: YES call a recruiter today – 1800-743-8988
Type of work environment: MRO
FUNCTIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs, inspects, tests, adjusts, and repairs aircraft avionics equipment and systems, including radio systems, radar, and navigation systems.
- Troubleshoots and corrects problems related to avionics systems through the use of wiring diagrams and maintenance manuals. Reads blueprints and schematics.
- Lays out installation of aircraft avionics assemblies and systems.
- Sets up and operates ground support and test equipment to perform functional tests of electrical and avionics systems.
- Reads maintenance manuals to identify and locate aircraft components on the aircraft, and accurately implements instructions of maintenance manuals.
- Performs repairs on noted discrepancies, and effectively researches manufacturer’s manuals for appropriate repair procedures prior to performing repairs.
- Able to demonstrate some understanding of basic electrical and electronics language and theory.
- Performs skilled manual and technical work using hand tools, soldering irons, circuit testers, oscilloscopes, voltmeters, ammeters, and ohmmeters.
- Lifts and carries hand tools, parts, and work materials; ascends and descends ladders and platforms; and frequently works in a variety of positions such as stooping, kneeling or squatting.
- Follows safety procedures and wears/uses appropriate safety equipment for the work being performed.
- Reads instructions and safety information as necessary for proper and safe completion of assigned work.
- Communicates effectively in English regarding work activities, per FAA requirements.
- Prepares and maintains simple records such as work order documentation, logs, and time and material records, as instructed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Tools required: YES
Years’ experience required: 3+ years commercial experience
License requirements: NA
Specific aircraft experience required: Commercial aircraft, but Boeing is preferred.
- candidates with 3+ years experience on Commercial (Boeing, MD80/90) aircraft
- No Sheetmetal assembly type work
Call for details
Call for details
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC