Skyward Aviation is a private jet charter, sales, management, FBO, and aircraft refinishing company located at the Washington County Airport in Washington, PA. Our team is excited by the opportunity to welcome a seasoned A&P Aircraft Technician to the Skyward Aviation family. As a part of our team, you would primarily be responsible for maintenance and repair of airframe components, power-plants, and associated components on Learjet, Beechcraft, Embraer, and Dassault,aircraft in accordance with the manufacturer’s manuals, including service bulletins, airworthiness directives, and Federal Aviation Regulations as they pertain to FAA Part 135 operations. In addition, you would help execute and uphold our company mission, vision, and values, which are as follows:
To maintain the highest standards in safety and customer service in everything we do.
To provide our customers the convenience of a comprehensive aviation company 24/7/365.
To embrace our family dynamic and treat each employee as a respected member of our family, while promoting a team-oriented culture as well as individual leadership, and passion for the industry.
To treat our partners as a member of our team by building a trusting relationship that is also mutually beneficial.Vision:
To be a leader in the aviation industry, by continuously expanding our services and increasing our expertise and training for the betterment of our customers, employees, and partners.Values:
Our company is guided by core values and beliefs that each employee will strive to uphold:
- Integrity – let a strong moral compass guide all that you do
- Safety – protect the well-being of those around you and those you serve
- Trust – build truthful and reliable relationships with others
- Family – a family in harmony will prosper in everything
- Service – work hard and contribute to the welfare of others
The A&P Aircraft Technician will report directly to the Director of Maintenance and also demonstrate leadership and professionalism at all times. Instrumental to success in this role will be a positive attitude and unrelenting proactivity. Only candidates who possess the required experience, skill, “positive attitude,” and either live or are willing to relocate to the Pittsburgh area should apply. Responsibilities and duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- 60, 45 and 30 series Beechcraft and/or Falcon Experience preferred.
- Continually strive for the highest standards of quality as prescribed by FAA Regulations and Safety standards.
- Read and interpret aircraft maintenance manuals and specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components by following drawings, engineering orders and technical publications.
- Examine and inspect engine or other components for cracks, breaks, or leaks.
- Disassemble and inspect parts for wear, warping, or other defects.
- Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic and structural components and accessories using hand tools and power tools.
- Adjust, align, and calibrate aircraft systems using hand tools, gauges, and test equipment
- Test engine and system operations using testing equipment to detect and diagnose malfunctions. Service and maintain aircraft systems by performing tasks, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, checking brakes, and building up wheel and tire assemblies and installing them on the aircraft along with all other types and tasks concerning general aircraft maintenance / inspection tasks.
- Perform maintenance IAW FAA approved technical data,
- Research FAA technical data to locate applicable data relevant to assigned tasks,
- Work within our safety culture by maintaining open communication; participating in company safety teams and the use of safety systems (SMS).
- Champion the cleanliness / professional appearance of maintenance facility and shop areas
- Additional duties may be assigned
In addition to maintenance responsibilities, the mechanic may be assigned to housekeeping duties such as policing his work area and/or repair and maintenance of company property.