The Defense Group, Airborne Solutions Operation, High Resolution ISR Systems Division at Leidos currently has an opening for an A&P Mechanic to work in our FAA Part 145 Repair station located in Manassas, VA. We integrate, man, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for various CONUS and OCONUS operations in support of DOD and other agencies/partners.
We are seeking an A&P Mechanic with sheet metal and structural experience for modification and ongoing support of turbo prop and jet powered aircraft. The incumbent will perform sheet metal repair, fabrication and structural modifications, which requires a strong understanding and ability to read and follow technical data, interpret blueprints, engineering drawings, standard operating procedures, and manufacturing specifications in the modification / maintenance process.
This position requires a strong ability to utilize precision tools to perform structural repairs and modifications to exacting standards. The candidate must be able to layout and drill precision holes, install rivets, hi-loks, and other hardware and work with engineers to produce "First Article" parts.
Work includes fabrication of sheet metal and composite components on aircraft in a timely manner while delivering a clean, safe quality product with attention to detail on the form, fit and finish. The incumbent will assist with troubleshooting of structural related issues. Additionally, work may include aircraft maintenance tasks to include trouble shooting, diagnosis, phase inspections and flight line repair.
- Fabricate, Assemble, Install, and repair sheet metal parts and using products and processes which are varied but generally not complex in scope.
- Must read and interpret engineering blueprints, drawings, manuals, specifications sketches, job orders, planning documents and engineering drawings.
- Determines equipment requirements and the method and sequences of operation to be followed in fabrication of parts using materials such as graphite, fiberglass, plastic, epoxy resins, rubber and like materials.
- Paint removal, metal forming, fastener use, disassembly/reassembly of mechanical components.
- Corrosion removal and surface treatment.
- Selects tooling and materials compatible with the processing techniques identified in the work instructions and documentation of repairs.
- Capable to diagnose and repair aircraft components, including electrical wiring.
- Other duties as assigned