Reno, Nevada and St. Augustine, Florida
A&P AIRCRAFT MECHANIC
Salary Range: $26.42 to $38.00, DOE
Tactical Air Support’s vision for the future is to be the world’s premier “Center of Excellence” for commercial tactical aviation training and support services.
Tactical Air Support, Inc., a national company headquartered in Reno, Nevada, provides government and aviation industry partners with unparalleled consulting and training experiences and is seeking experienced A&P Aircraft Mechanics to join its growing maintenance teams in Reno, Nevada or St. Augustine, Florida.
Tactical Air Support’s mission is to provide domestic and international “Center of Excellence” training and advisory services in tactical aviation, while supporting U.S. interests, and providing meaningful career opportunities for our employees. It is our goal to support and train U.S. forces and partner nations with premium services.
The Maintenance Division supports Tactical Air Support’s Air Operations’ fleet of fighter aircraft with over 75 years of combined experience in tactical aviation maintenance and more than 30 years of military adversary contract maintenance. The Maintenance staff are a dedicated team comprised of experienced A&P-certified and tactical aircraft mechanics, technicians, and logisticians who all work towards ensuring safe and seamless ground maintenance operations.
The ideal candidate for the Aircraft Mechanic position will be professional, highly productive, and responsive to the needs of the company, customers, and co-workers. This position will perform organizational, intermediate, and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification, and troubleshooting on all assigned aircraft, components, and equipment. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other teammates as needed.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in aircraft maintenance and solving problems, Tactical Air Support invites you to apply. All applicants must submit a current resume and completed employment application, which may be obtained at https://tacticalairsupport.com/jobs/.
- Three years’ current work experience in aircraft maintenance occupational field, preferably in the military or with a government aviation maintenance contractor.
- Experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38).
- A&P Certification, or ability to obtain certification.
- Support Equipment Operator License (Tow Tractor, N2 Servicing Trailer, and Mobile Start Unit at a minimum).
- Structural and fabrication experience preferred.
- Ordnance and weaponry handling experience advantageous.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties mandatory.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally, and in writing.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance; background check and pre-employment drug testing required.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
This position will remain open until filled.
If any candidate requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.
Tactical Air Support is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer