A&P Aircraft Mechanic, Fairchild C26 Metroliner, Pacific Missile Range Facility, Barking Sands, HI
Precision Turbines •
Precision Turbines’ corporate mission is to provide the worldwide aviation community with outstanding customer service while creating a work place that fosters innovation and individual growth in character and spirit. Our business goals are to achieve growth in revenue, increased market share and continued new product development. The company is founded on the best customer service in the world. Business is conducted with complete integrity and the highest standards of ethics. We are totally committed to team work, individual respect, hard work, innovative engineering and the best business practices which will result in the long term success of Precision Turbines and our Team Members.
Based at PMRF Barking Sands, the Aircraft Mechanic performs organizational and intermediate level maintenance on C-26 aircraft. Is responsible for servicing, troubleshooting, repairing and modifying aircraft systems to ensure continued airworthiness. These tasks are performed on avionics and electrical systems, environmental systems, engines, flight controls and air frame components. Repairs are performed using hand tools, power tools, machines, and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun, and drills. Reads and interprets manufacturers’ and airline’s maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components. Performs servicing, troubleshooting and repairs on aviation ground support equipment.
Essential Duties:The following tasks are examples of the effort required to perform the duties outlined in the purpose of the position.
The list is not all-inclusive.
Aircraft Mechanic - Major work tasks/responsibilities
·Comply with written company maintenance and logistics procedures.
·Comply with FAA regulations as applicable.
·Know, understand and comply with the requirements outlined in the Life Cycle Contractor Support (LCCS) statement of work.
·Comply with aircraft records procedures and outlined in DA Pam 738-751.
·Ensure aircraft discrepancies are properly recorded and corrected in accordance with approved maintenance procedures and within the terms of the contract.
·Know and understand the functions and requirements of the Aerodyn computerized maintenance software.
·Maintain a clean and organized place.
·Perform aircraft recovery missions as necessary.
·Deploy to overseas locations with unit aircraft to support operational requirements.
·Perform other duties assigned by PT Management.
·Coordinate daily aircraft mission and maintenance schedule with the Contracting Officers Representative (COR).
·Provide written and verbal reports to the Regional Manager and C26 Program management Office and status of aircraft.
·Collect and submit time sheets in accordance with company policy.
·Coordinate the work effort to site personnel in order to meet customer requirements.
·Other administrative tasks as required.
- Flight line experience with specific experience on C26 aircraft: 5 years
- Possess a valid FAA Aircraft & Power plant (A&P) license for a minimum of two years and shows compliance with FAR 65.83, recent experience requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Work is usually conducted in an office, warehouse and aircraft hangar atmosphere.
- Exposed to typical aircraft maintenance conditions such as engine noise, riveting, dust and chemical fumes, none of which to the extent of being intolerable. Hearing,
- vision and breathing protection provided in appropriate areas.
- Some exposure to elements of weather when traveling and/or commuting between buildings.
- Overtime may be required on occasion.
Physical and Mental Conditions:
- Normal physical exertion required for periods of working on foot or standing.
- Requires lifting of items weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Requires kneeling on occasion in performance of duties.
- Requires ability to twist, bend, squat, climb and/or other body movements to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Requires the use of either or both hands for grasping items.
- Manual dexterity and the ability to push/pull, i.e.: open/close file cabinets and/or handle machinery is required.
- Requires the ability to reach above shoulder height in accomplishing job tasks.
- Requires the ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Sufficient vision required to successfully accomplish the requirements of the position.
- Requires sustained periods of concentration.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC