A&P Aircraft Technician
Hi-Tek Professionals, Inc. •
The Aircraft Technician works within an established FAR 145 Repair Station and is responsible for assigned maintenance tasks and associated inspections, functional/operational checks, and troubleshooting affected aircraft systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Performs scheduled and unscheduled inspections, maintenance, and repair of airframe and powerplant systems and components per acceptable methods, techniques, and practices.
2. Documents work performed in accordance with Regulatory and Repair Station/Quality Manual policies and procedures.
3. Demonstrates proficiency with the methods, techniques, practices, tools, and equipment used during aircraft maintenance.
4. Identifies, protects, and preserves piece parts and articles undergoing maintenance in accordance with RSM/QCM and company policies and procedures.
5. Assures parts, products and materials that are installed meet regulatory requirements.
6. Performs assigned work in a safe effective manner while practicing good housekeeping in accordance with company and regulatory requirements.
7. Provides detailed turnovers when maintenance is left unfinished prior to shift changes.
Education, Work Experience, Certification and/or Licensure:
1. High School degree or equivalent required.
2. Experience in FAR Part 145 Repair Station environment maintaining general and/or business/corporate aviation aircraft.
3. A&P Certification required in accordance with 14 CFR Part 65 from a FAR Part 147 School.
4. Current passport and driver's license or ability to obtain both.
5. Experience with 14 CFR Part 43 required.
6. Familiarization with 14 CFR Parts 91,135, and 145 preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:1. Working knowledge of maintenance software (i.e. Quantum, Corridor, and/or SAP), Windows operating systems and Microsoft office products.
2. Thorough knowledge of aircraft maintenance requirements and inspection procedures and practices.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
4. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
5. Ability to worl< under pressure including time constraints and challenging situations.
6. Ability to read work orders, blueprints, diagrams, manuals and process specifications, follow sequence of planned operations.
7. Ability to work extended hours and travel to off-site locations requiring overnight stays with little notice as required.
Physical Requirements:1. Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
2. Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
3. Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
4. Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
5. Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
6. Effectively communicate in Business English language.
7. Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 50 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
8. Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing 50 lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided "reach assistance technology" or "movement assist technology" (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly's, robotics reach equipment; people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)