Seeking a motivated self-starter who is willing to act as a mentor in a Lead A&P Mechanic role. This position will be working on aircraft daily including an Eclipse Jet, a Piper Cheyenne, Beechcraft Barons (55 & 58), and a Mooney M20F.
To inspect aircraft, perform maintenance and overhauls, make repairs, and conduct tests to keep equipment operating efficiently and safely. An airframe and power plant (A&P) mechanic works on the airframe, including the fuselage, wings, brakes, and tail assembly, as well as oil and fuel tanks. Responsibilities for the power plant include the engine and propellers (if any), brakes, and landing gear.
The basic functions of the holder of an Inspection Authority (IA) may include inspection and approval for return to service, any aircraft or related part or appliance after a major repair or major alteration. Also, the holder of an IA may perform an annual inspection and may supervise or perform a progressive inspection.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Installing air conditioning and other STCs into general aviation piston aircraft.
- Examines engine and other components to find any cracks, breaks, or other defects requiring repair or replacement.
- Tests engine and operating systems for proper functioning using array of appropriate tools.
- Performs scheduled maintenance and repairs or replaces any equipment not functioning properly as well as further in-flight tests, making adjustments and corrections as required.
- Uses maintenance manuals and specifications to determine proper operating condition.
- Modifies systems or components as appropriate.
- Inspect and approve for return to service in compliance with FAA rules and regulations.