A&P IA Mechanic
Synergy Flight Center •
Located in thriving Bloomington, IL, Synergy Flight Center is currently seeking a highly motivated A & P Mechanic with Inspector Authorization to join our team. Synergy Flight Center provides a dynamic aviation experience emphasizing safety, proficiency, and professionalism. From the ground up, Synergy’s culture has been built by earning the client’s trust by providing transparency and honesty in a family-like atmosphere. Outstanding customer service, along with state-of-the-art equipment, is the hallmark of our business.
- Performs buy-off, preliminary, hidden damage, receiving/incoming, and final inspections.
- Performs other required inspections in accordance with Repair Station and Customer policy
- Makes decisions where necessary regarding airworthiness of articles in determining that work being performed, and materials being used.
- Conform to CFRs and/or other approved established standards.
- Monitors removed parts and ensures properly filled out part tags accompany removed part throughout removal cycle.
- Ensures all inspection forms, in-work and completed work packages, and paperwork are complete, legible, and accurately filled out daily.
- Ensures documentation, timekeeping and other paperwork is properly completed in a timely manner.
- Ensure all tasks assigned are completed in accordance with manufacturer's manuals and FAA accepted or approved data.
- Adheres to all applicable FARs and Company policies and procedures outlined in the General Procedures Manual (GPM) and the Company's FAA Approved Continuous Airworthiness Maintenance Program
- Promotes a safety culture that supports and encourages employees to go beyond the call of duty to identify unsafe conditions and behaviors and are comfortable intervening to correct inappropriate behaviors and concerns.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the quality improvement process and the philosophy of continuous improvement; identify and respond actively and with sensitivity to the needs of all customers; participate as a team player in all phases of the organization; and is open and responsive to change.
- Provide customers with knowledgeable, courteous, and prompt service always.
- Adhere to the Synergy’s safety standards, policies, and expectations.
Full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
- High School diploma/GED
- Possess current Mechanic’s Certificate with Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) ratings, 3+ years required.
- Must have a current Inspector Authorization.
- Verifiable aircraft maintenance employment within last two years
- Preferably with minimum of 5 years of aviation experience
- Experience with Phenom 100, 300, Cirrus, and Diamond preferred
- Meets requirements of 14 CFR Part 65.83
- Familiar with parameters and standards established specifically in Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) parts 53, 65, 91, 121, 135, and 145*
- Familiar with basic inventory management functions
- Computers skills and experience in Microsoft Windows programs, CAMP Maintenance Tracking, Flight Docs, and Corridor
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to work harmoniously with others.
- Willing and able to work occasional weekend on-call airline maintenance.
- Willing to travel to other locations to provide maintenance services.
- Must hold a valid passport and legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have working knowledge of FAA regulations.
- Must fulfill FAA drug testing & criminal background checks to qualify for employment.
- Must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security.
- Must possess excellent customer relationship skills.
- Must hold strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to take initiative without direction.
- Must be flexible to what could be an ever-changing environment.
- Industry Competitive Compensation
- Medical/Dental/Vision Healthcare Benefits
- Retirement (Simple IRA/401K)
- Healthcare Spending Account (HSA)
- Paid Time Off
- Competitive Pay and vertical growth within the company
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)