A&P Licensed Mechanic Technician
Republic Airways •
At Republic Airline, our mission is to provide a safe, clean and reliable flying experience. We believe this is best accomplished by focusing on our vision, “With the BEST people, products and performance, we will be America’s Regional Airline of choice.” Republic Airline, based in Indianapolis, operates a fleet of 180 Embraer 170/175 aircraft and offers scheduled passenger service with 900 daily flights to 100 cities in 35 U.S. states, Canada, the Caribbean and Central America. The airline provides fixed-fee flights operated under our major airline partner brands of American Eagle, Delta Connection and United Express. With more than 5,200 talented aviation professionals, Republic Airline is a great place to get your career off the runway!
Performs preventive maintenance, repair, modifications and other maintenance of aircraft, components and related equipment in accordance with standards and regulations.
- Performs preventive maintenance, repair, modifications and other maintenance of aircraft, components and related equipment and complies with 14 CFR, manufactures specifications, the GMM, Company policy and procedures as well as other methods accepted by the FAA and OSHA when accomplishing maintenance.
- Performs maintenance mechanic duties in all areas inside and outside the hangar as well as at the airport terminal.
- Troubleshoots all aircraft systems. Executes maintenance work orders.
- Uses tools, equipment and test apparatus necessary to assure completion of the work in accordance with accepted industry practices. Verifies that all calibrated tooling is current on its calibration before use. Verifies materials and parts used are of a serviceable condition.
- Verifies that each part or component is effective for the aircraft on which it will be installed.
- Adheres to material handling and control procedures specified in GMM and by the equipment manufacturers. Initiates material requests.
- Evaluates the area and equipment that will be utilized to ensure that safety is not compromised before performing any maintenance action. Applies safety first at all times.
- Maintains a clean, safe working environment throughout the work shift.
- Updates Supervisor on progress of work performed. Reviews paperwork at the end of shift to ensure that all work accomplished is signed for prior to departing the maintenance facility. Assists with completion of shift turnover reports in accordance with procedures in the GMM.
- Completes all department internal company forms, maintenance records, documents, work orders, etc. including performing maintenance computer system transactions as required (MEL, DMI).
- Provides coaching and on-the-job training as directed.
- Adheres to established work schedule. Participates in shift meetings and briefings as required.
- Submits in writing any suggested changes in operational procedures that will enhance safety and cost effective aircraft maintenance.
- Accesses Company Intranet to become familiar with and utilize the GMM and aircraft manuals. Ensures part effectivity is correct per aircraft.
- Adheres to recurrent training, including required FAA AMT training, and keeps necessary licenses and certification up-to-date.
- Reads and acknowledges understanding of maintenance newsletters and Company Emails on a timely basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High school diploma or equivalent with an FAA Airframe and Powerplant license.
- Previous experience as an A&P mechanic or airline experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver’s License and a clean driving record.
- Experience using a computer to look up information and input data.
- No previous felony convictions and a stable employment history.
- Must possess the required tools.
- Able to work both in a team setting and individually.
- Able to travel up to 20% of the time, including overnight stays.
- 3/8" Drive Socket Set with 6 and 12 Point Sockets- 1/8" to 1 ½"
- 1/4" Drive Socket Set with 6 and 12 Point Sockets-1/8" to 9/16"
- Standard Wrench Set- ¼” to 1 1/8”
- Assorted Screwdriver Set
- Hammers – Hard and Soft Face
- Standard Plier Set
- Safety Wire Pliers 6"
- Wire Stripper
- Pin Punch and Punch Set
- Pick Set Assorted
- Cordless Drill (Recommended)
- 6" Metal Rule
- Inspection Mirror
- SAE Allen Wrench Set
- Metric Allen Wrench Set
- Toolbox (minimum 3 drawers) or small tool bag, capable of holding and carrying all your tools and withstanding the abuse of day to day line maintenance duties
Job Ident #: