WHO WE ARE
Advanced Helicopter Services is a medium sized full-service helicopter facility headquartered in Northern California. We provide worldwide around the clock service and support. Our AHS team consists of highly qualified factory trained technicians and knowledgeable support specialists that take pride in their work in the area of safety, reliability and responsiveness. We hope you’ll join us as we continue to commit to customer service, innovation, and build what comes next on our mission to be the best.
AHS values our employees and their families. All full-time employees are offered 100% paid medical*, dental and vision plans for its employees. Family medical is 50% employer paid. We also offer life/AD&D insurance, 401k, Flexible Spending Account, supplemental insurance and Paid Time Off.
*medical base plan is 100% covered.
Great opportunity for career growth. Work for a repair station that specializes in a wide range of models; Bell, Airbus, Safran, MD Helicopters, Agusta and Robinson to name a few. You’ll maintains and repairs aircraft structures and related components including flight controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components. Apply technical knowledge of A&P systems to determine equipment malfunctions and apply expertise in restoring aircraft to safe, airworthy condition. This position reports directly to the Airframe Services Program Manager.
WHAT YOU’LL DO (Essential Functions) To perform this job successfully, you’ll need to be able to perform each essential duty. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must ensure aircraft are safely maintained in accordance with the Airworthiness Standards prescribed by applicable Regulations, Airworthiness Directives and Standard Practice.
- Maintains records in compliance with FAA and company requirements.
- Maintains premises of the shop facility in a clean and organized manner.
- Maintains equipment, tools and facilities in serviceable and working condition.
- Meets all job/Work Order deadlines, communicating to supervisor/manager when circumstances may prevent on-time completion.
- Assures proper information is shared i.e. job timelines, shop issues, parts delays, and change orders.
- Additional job-related duties as assigned by supervisor or management.