LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking A&P Mechanics with corporate jet experience for a direct hire opportunity in Des Moines, Iowa.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
With advanced knowledge and high level skills, inspect, test, adjust, repair, and perform other general tasks related to the maintenance and repair of airframe & engine systems and components on a variety of aircraft in a safe and clean work environment according to manufacturer’s specifications, company-approved procedures, FAA regulations, and customer expectations. The Service Technician III must be capable and have the experience level to perform effective troubleshooting of the most complicated aircraft squawks with limited supervision, must possess the ability to train lesser experienced employees through the OJT process, prepare and complete appropriate documentation, and meet the requirements for designation as a Production Inspector.
- Performs inspections, servicing, and repairs of the most complicated nature on various aircraft systems and components on a variety of aircraft in a timely, clean, safe and professional manner with no rework and with a superior level of quality, craftsmanship, and efficiency.
- Capable of making sound technical decisions as a technician and/or when functioning as Production Inspector. Efficiently and effectively troubleshoot and function test referencing manufacturer’s technical documents across a variety of airframe, engine and component systems.
- Expertly prepare and complete various documents for maintenance/ modification record keeping purposes, as required by FAA Airworthiness Regulations, Elliott Aviation Policies and Processes, FAA Approved Repair Station and Quality Control Manuals, including project turnovers, and personal training logs (OJT). Instruct and assist Tech I & Tech II in proper completion of documentation.
- Demonstrate proficient use of the Elliott Aviation Work Order system by completing accurate and timely listing of discrepancies, and completing accurate corrective action statements including completion of Service Bulletin and Airworthiness Directives (AD) compliance statements (ref. FAR §91.417).
- Willingly and effectively share knowledge and learned trusted techniques with lesser experienced technicians through the OJT program to foster their development, ensure accurate work, and support the department goals. Act as mentor and task expert for new service personnel.
- Proficiently and consistently locate and uses the appropriate technical data to accomplish any and all tasks.
- Support, maintain, and comply with all Federal, OSHA, State and local regulations, and Elliott Aviation’s Environmental, Health, and Safety Policies and Processes.
- Leads aircraft projects as directed by the Crew Chief and Supervisor. Capable of accepting ownership of the assigned project work scope and established milestones relative to the successful and timely completion of in-work projects.