A&P Mechanic - N. Charleston, SC
Med-Trans Corporation •
It's a beautiful thing when a career and a passion come together!
Join our team and begin the career journey you've imagined.
Born with a Wrench in Hand?
- Join a positive, supportive environment that has a passion for excellent patient care.
- Work with top A&P mechanics across the country
- Explore exciting career path options
Med-Trans is an industry leader that provides life extending air and ground medical services through the rapid transport of the critically ill and injured. We are renowned for state-of-the-art helicopter equipment, a safety first culture, and successful patient missions.
Med-Trans offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package including a 401(k) retirement plan with a company match and holiday pay.
Med-Trans also provides full time employees with 100% company-paid:
- Life Insurance
- Short –Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
Ready for a fast-paced helicopter maintenance career? We now have an opening for an A&P Helicopter Mechanic supporting one of our locations. Med-Trans Corp., one of the fastest-growing air-medical transportation companies in the U.S., is looking for an A&P helicopter mechanic who is dedicated to safe aircraft. Our A&P Mechanics support the daily maintenance of the helicopter at their base. They also perform scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, inspections, repairs, and modifications to airframes, rotors and appliances. Our A&P team maintains our helicopters to the highest standards possible.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Three years of turbine helicopter maintenance experience
- A minimum of six months helicopter maintenance experience during the last 24 months
- Must be able to push and/or pull 100+ lbs
- Must be able to lift and/or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant License
- Prior civilian HEMS experience, preferred
- Intermediate-level computer skills with an inventory system
- Inspection Authorization Certification preferred
- Additional FAA/FCC ratings a plus
- IFR helicopter avionics and auto-pilot experience a plus
- Manufacturer training or equivalent on Bell 407, EC135, or both, preferred
- Bell 407 or EC135 maintenance experience preferred
Med-Trans is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or other non-merit factors.
If your passion is helicopters
and you’re ready to work
in an environment where
every second counts,
Job Ident #: