A&P Mechanic - Famingdale, NY
STS Aviation Group •
STS AeroStaff Services now offers A&P Mechanic jobs in Farmingdale, New York.
Investigate and analyze aircraft mechanical problems. Gather information and data from verbal and technical instructions, work orders, maintenance manuals, blue prints, aircraft and engine run-ups.
- Test and inspects the operation of engines, engine controls, accessories, landing gear, hydraulic systems, heating, air conditioning, fuel, oxygen and pressurization systems.
- Accomplish repairs to assigned aircraft using, hand tools, precision measuring instruments, gauges, test equipment aircraft jacks, hoists and all ground support equipment.
- Ensures that all work performed is logged on the work order and that all entries are logical, clear, concise and in compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Keep his/her work area clean and organized.
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety regulations
- Performs inspection duties within the limitations as set forth in the Repair Station Quality Control and Forms Manual authorization (Performs as a Delegated Inspector for the Repair Station when authorized)
- Operation of specialized diagnostic and repair equipment
- High School or GED
- FAA certified A&P license
- 1 year experience working in a MRO environment, preferrably a Corporate MRO environment.
- Basic reading, writing and arithmetic skills necessary
- Computer literate with the ability to learn new soft ware applications
- Must pass all conducted drug/alcohol screening, background and security checks and prove eligibility for employment in the United States
- Excellent listening and problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team or independently
- Ability to effectively communicate and present information
- Ability to act under pressure and be adaptable to change on a constant basis
STS AeroStaff Services
offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job Ident #: