Aero Air is seeking an Experienced A&P Mechanic to join our team!
Aero Air a premier aviation company at the Portland-Hillsboro airport, is seeking an experienced general aviation A&P Mechanic to join our maintenance team. We operate and maintain 35+ of our own aircraft to include Lear 31 and 35s, PC-12s, King Airs, CJ3s, Cessna Mustangs, and Challenger.
Credit for valuable Military experience taken into consideration in this exciting career in general Aviation!
If you enjoy variety and steady work, come join our team, located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest, in Hillsboro, OR!
We offer a very $$$ competitive wage $$$ and excellent benefit package! (*Relocation reimbursement consideration available)
Aero Air offers a great benefits package which includes medical, voluntary dental, voluntary vision, life and disability insurance and a 401(k) with a 3 employer contribution.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs routine inspections and troubleshooting.
- Repairs, replaces, and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units, using hand tools, power tools, machines, and other equipment.
- Estimates projected man-hours for individual repairs/inspections.
- Accurately completes all required maintenance records.
- Operates all tools and equipment necessary to accomplish job assignment.
- Presents a clean and neat work area to our customers.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills
- Provide leadership and guidance required to perform assigned tasks.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Ability to communicate with the customer is required.
- Need to be Customer Service minded.
- Able to service, repair, and overhaul aircraft and aircraft engines to ensure airworthiness.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers and airlines maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Performs other duties as may be required.
- FAA A&P license required.
- Leadership experience helpful.
- High level of initiative and commitment.
- Excellent performance and attendance history.
- Ability to positively influence others.
- Advocate for Aero Airs culture of excellence and customer service.
- Prefer experience with corporate aircraft.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Green Card Holder.
- Ability to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Favorable results from pre-employment drug test and criminal background check required.
Aero Air prohibits discrimination of the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, and where applicable, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans status.