Employer is a Part 135, 145 Avionics Repair Station, charter and wildland firefighting flight operation located in Columbia California, and is currently seeking an A&P Certified Aviation Maintenance Technician as a team member supporting a fleet of Turbine/Piston Commanders, Helio Couriers, and single engine Cessna aircraft. As an emergency services provider, the employer is a mission-oriented company that responds rapidly in support of public safety services.
The job involves the installation, modification, troubleshooting, wiring and repair of aircraft systems and structures, at home base and when deployed to other airports.
* Demonstrable, performance as an AMT (Av. Maint. Tech.) In General Aviation.
* Study of aircraft structure and systems knowledge required (please provide details; include Military or other specific training schools and experience you have).
* Demonstrates technical skills and knowledge in aircraft systems operational testing and troubleshooting a wide variety of GA (General Aviation) aircraft systems.
* Fabricate per drawings and standard practices assemblies to include; hydraulic fittings and lines, wires, properly securing fasteners, cables and hardware into aircraft.
*Accurately and properly terminate wires into a variety of contacts and connectors.
* Perform installations, remove and replace components, perform checks and tests.
* Accurately interpret maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring diagrams, system schematics, drawings, engineering orders and other technical documents.
* Properly utilize and maintain hand tools/test equipment to perform repairs and installations.
* Be knowledgeable and conversant with relevant FAA regulations.
* Accurately document work performed.
* Must be able and willing to travel (during fire season we may work out of state for several days to weeks consecutively)
* Willingness to work overtime when required.