To lead functions assigned in the service, repair and overhaul of aircraft and aircraft components, parts, and accessories.
Physical Demands: Requires sitting, standing and walking for extended periods
of time. Requires frequent bending, stooping, squatting, crouching, kneeling, balancing and reaching above shoulder level. Requires occasional crawling, climbing, lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling weight up to 50lbs unassisted. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
Equipment Operated: Aircraft ground servicing equipment including tugs, tractors, hi-lifts, trucks, servicing carts and test equipment, hand tools, power tools, shears, sheet metal brakes, rivet guns, drills.
Work Location: Aircraft maintenance hangar, flightline.
Potential Hazards: Exposure to high intensity noise levels, extreme changes in temperature, materials identified on Material Safety Data Sheets; working on unprotected heights or around moving machinery.
Protective Equipment Required: Goggles, safety glasses, face shields, ear protection, aprons, gloves, safety harnesses, breathing equipment.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensures that all work performed complies with applicable technical data, FAA regulations and Ascent Aviation policies and procedures.
- Works closely with immediate supervisor as well as Production Control Booth Coordinator to keep them informed on actual work progress in areas of responsibility.
- Reviews non preplanned documents to identify methods of repair and/or replacement identifying necessary parts, materials and tooling requirements and provides timely estimates for all maintenance on non preplanned documents within scope of responsibility.
- Ensures that all aircraft parts/components removed from an aircraft in work, that are to be routed to Technical Services, are documented by a valid job number and that the work scope is properly identified.
- Responsible for the proper execution of parts tags attached to repairable, serviceable, or condemned parts.
- Signs appropriate work cards or forms per Ascent Aviation Repair Station Manual.
- Repairs, replaces and rebuilds aircraft structures such as wings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, plumbing and hydraulic units.
- Reads and interprets manufacturers&8217; and airlines&8217; maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other specifications to determine feasibility and method of repairing or replacing malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Inspects turbine blades to detect cracks or breaks.
- Disassembles and inspects parts for wear, or other defects.
- Repairs or replaces defective engine parts and reassembles and installs engine in aircraft.
- Adjusts, repairs, or replaces electrical wiring system and aircraft accessories.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft including flushing crankcase, cleaning screens, greasing moving parts, and checking brakes.
- Performs orientation and on-the-job training for employees. Ensures that training is documented in employee training records.
- Enforces company policies and safety regulations and the proper use of equipment and ensures that quality standards are met.
- Coordinates activities of workers including assigning work duties for maximum utilization of manpower and analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Maintains communications within area of responsibility, informing employees as to plans and progress and promoting teamwork and cooperation.
Marginal Job Functions:
- May be required to control, with assistance from the Controller, the aircraft visibility work boards and/or work booths indicating the work remaining and work-in-progress.
- Tracks time spent on each work order and ensures the time is logged on time card correctly.
- Makes recommendations to management to improve productivity, increase efficiencies, or cut costs.
- Performs duties of A&P Supervisor in his/her absence.
- Performs maintenance duties away from base on temporary duty.
- Performs maintenance work such as repair and maintenance of company equipment and shop housecleaning.
- Ensure that all work performed is done in a safe manner. Directs activities to protect employees from harm and maintain safe working conditions.
- Will monitor and ensure SMS compliance, safe workplace initiatives/practices are followed, and to eliminate health hazards.
- Will enforce safety rules, FAA regulations, PPE compliance, equipment operation requirements, safety reporting and provide resources to eliminate hazardous conditions.
- Will implement approved safety suggestions and solutions for achieving a safer, healthier workplace.