Bohlke International Airways •
The Airframe and Power plant Mechanic is responsible for performing maintenance, preventative maintenance and alteration tasks as directed and assigned with use of the applicable maintenance manual and established procedures. The A&P Mechanic shall report to the Maintenance Manager or Supervisor and the Director of Maintenance.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES (NOT ALL INCLUSIVE):
• Carry out the assigned task, in compliance with the appropriate technical data and manual.
• Examine and inspect aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, and deicers to locate cracks, breaks, leaks, or other problems.
• Diagnoses, adjusts, repairs and/or overhauls aircraft and related systems.
• Conduct routine and special inspections as required by regulations.
• Inspect completed work to certify that maintenance meets standards and that aircraft are ready for operation.
• Read and interpret maintenance manuals and FAA/manufacturer publications and directives to determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing. malfunctioning or damaged components.
• Maintain repair logs, documenting all preventive and corrective aircraft maintenance.
• Modify aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications.
• Replace or repair worn, defective, or damaged components, using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
• Read and interpret pilots' descriptions of problems to diagnose causes.
• Assemble and install electrical, plumbing, mechanical, hydraulic, and structural components and accessories, using hand or power tools.
• Inventory and ordering supplies, parts, materials, and equipment.
• Check for corrosion, distortion, and cracks in the fuselage, wings, and tail.
• Wash, clean, polish and/or wax exterior; clean and service interior of aircraft.
• Defuel and fuel aircraft; Complete fuel usage forms and records.
• Position and operate ground power and other aircraft service units.
• Perform general cleaning of ramps and service center facilities.
• Maintain assigned service equipment and transportation vehicles.
• Perform cleaning and routine maintenance checks.
• Work IAW established safety practices, including proper use of personal protective equipment, maintain a neat and orderly work area.
• Must be able to work overtime, nights and weekends, as needed, to ensure flight schedules are met.
• Must be able to be on call for 1 week a month to support airlines and any other maintenance items that may happen after hours or on weekends.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisors or managers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including writing clear and concise documents.
• Extensive knowledge of the procedures of industry best practices.
• Excellent organizational skills, time management and attention to detail.
• Proven ability to troubleshoot mechanical issues and use manuals to determine effective solution.
• Ability to use and effectively navigate Total FBO program.
• Ability to perform maintenance duties utilizing basic hand tools.
• Ability to:
o Crawl in and out of tight spaces.
o Comfortably work in confined areas in a kneeling or crouched position for extended periods of time.
o Lift, balance and carry items of 50 pounds or more.
o Work in enclosed hangars and exterior weather conditions.
o Work near other people.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• Must hold a valid Airframe & Powerplant license.
• Based on St. Croix USVI or willing to relocate for duration of employment.
• High School diploma or equivalent required.
• 1-3 Years’ experience as an A&P Mechanic.
• Proven technical/mechanical knowledge of machines and tools, especially their design, uses, repair and maintenance.
• Previous experience performing routine maintenance on aviation equipment, Citation 550 Series, Astra SPX and Falcon 900EX experience.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain an Airport Security Badge through the local airport authority.
• Must be eligible to work in the US.
• Must have a valid Passport.
To ensure a safe environment for all, we require a drug screening, fingerprinting check and a background check.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)