Performs scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, systems troubleshooting, removal, reinstallation and replacement of sub-assemblies IAW current applicable maintenance manuals. Removal and installation of aircraft system and subsystem components including but not limited to engines, transmissions, drive train components, flight control components, rotor system components and landing gear. Performs servicing of all aircraft systems and components. Prepares aircraft for inspections and maintenance checks. Performs pre and post flight inspections. Proficient in the use of common hand tools, sheet metal tools, special tools and precision measuring devices. Performs maintenance operational checks, track and balance operations. Diagnoses and troubleshoots aircraft subsystems using special tools and equipment as required. Uses and performs operator maintenance on tools, special tools and Aircraft Ground Support Equipment (AGSE). Ability to read, interpret and understand technical manuals and instruction. Familiar with FARs, ADs, SBs, ACs and SLs. Prepares aircraft maintenance forms and records. Assists with training as required in the use of all applicable technical publications, tools and test equipment applicable to aircraft maintenance enabling junior mechanics to become effective aircraft mechanics. Ensures that all related maintenance operations are conducted in a safe manner.
1. Ensures all maintenance functions conducted on the MD500 series aircraft are performed IAW all current applicable technical publications and established procedures. All maintenance functions are coordinated and synchronized to achieve the established operational readiness rate (OR).
2. Responsible for the compliance of established maintenance systems, processes, procedures and reports that provide immediate situational awareness of platform OR rates.
3. Performs daily maintenance operational goals, objectives and priorities for implementation in order to achieve stated OR rates.
4. Responsible for the daily maintenance of individually assigned aircraft in support of the Vinnell Arabia aviation maintenance department.
5. Responsible for the compliance of established maintenance systems, processes, procedures and reports that provide immediate situational awareness of platform OR rates.
6. Performs daily maintenance operational goals, objectives and priorities for implementation in order to achieve stated OR rates.
7. Responsible for the daily maintenance of individually assigned aircraft in support of the Vinnell Arabia aviation maintenance department.
8. Works within the maintenance quality control processes, procedures, standards.
9. Reports to direct inquires, investigations, and research analysis related to aviation maintenance of MD500 series aircraft and supporting maintenance activities to the Aviation Maintenance Manager through the lead mechanic.
10. Responsible for the individual general maintenance training, job book currency and qualifications of assigned Customer maintenance personnel as required.
11. Performs activities and requirements for maintenance operations support through the Maintenance Manager/lead mechanic as required or applicable
12. Coordinates through lead mechanic for daily and weekly maintenance training activities.
13. Supports a professional development program in support of Saudization-localization.
14. Ensures all maintenance operations and related maintenance support activities are conducted in a safe manner.
15. Supports in coordination with the Maintenance Manager and Flight Operations Manager the Downed Aircraft Recovery Team (DART) process and procedures.
16. Other duties as assigned and or directed by management.
B. Independence: Performs within the broad guidelines of duties and responsibilities that accompanies aircraft maintenance and functions applicable to aircraft airworthiness.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: None