Aerospace Structures Technicians: 44226
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is now hiring Aerospace Structures Technicians in Savannah, Georgia!
In a team oriented work environment, under moderate supervision, performs a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform assembly and fitting of detail parts and structures and varied drilling and riveting operations; ensures parts/assembly meet requirements
- Rivet structural assemblies and parts using all tools required to do the job (e.g. portable riveting guns, pneumatic guns, pneumatic drills, counter sinks, rivet shavers, files, reamers, rivets)
- Read work orders, blueprints, lofts, sketches, and operation sheets to determine sequence of operations, type size and hole pattern for rivets
- Check all work and ensure a defective free assembly prior to final inspection
- Maintain and use all logs and records (e.g. MIR sheets, DMTs, Crabs, PCOs)
- Align and assemble parts to be riveted using jigs, holding fixtures, pins, clamps, and fasteners
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area, supports the company 5S Program and complies with all safety regulations
- Work under moderate supervision on duties and tasks
- Support Lean Activities
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED
- One (1) year related structural assembly experience
- Experience working with Solumina and Smarteam preferred
- Ability to read and interpret basic blueprints
- Read and interpret 6” scale
- Basic computer skills
- Must be able to read a scale and perform basic shop math
- Read and comprehend basic documents and instructions
- Must have essential personal skills, which include an aptitude for hands-on craftwork, a professional attitude, attention to detail, ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules
- Must demonstrate good housekeeping and safety practices
- Ability to work with composite resins and materials
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to work any shift
- Must be able to climb ladders/stands/stairs and work in small spaces and/or restricted areas
What We Offer:
STS Technical Services works with the largest names in the aviation industry, offering hundreds of career opportunities across the United States. With over two decades of experience, we soar in our commitment to excellence and professionalism. We proudly offer competitive rates, direct deposits, medical insurance, cash advances, and referral bonuses.If you would like to speak with an Aviation Recruitment Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787. Our job placement services are always free, and we are open seven days a week. Reach out at any time! Thanks so much for your interest in working with STS Technical Services, and we look forward to speaking with you soon.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC