Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Ravn Alaska •
The Ravn Alaska Aircraft Maintenance Technician is responsible for repairs and maintenance on assigned aircraft, under supervision or as trained and qualified to perform. The Aircraft Maintenance Technician will have a valid FAA mechanic certificate with an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) rating and at least one year or more of experience repairing and maintaining aircraft, preferably heavy turboprop. Other responsibilities aligned with Ravn Alaska Core Values include but are not limited to:
- Upholding safety by Accomplishing all work in accordance with the company maintenance publications and the Federal Aviation Regulations (FARs);
- Maintaining safety through a clean and orderly work area, ensuring that all materials are properly accounted for before starting and when finishing work, and ensuring all safety instructions are obeyed;
- Identifying and reporting safety hazards in the work environment or when confronted with an unsafe situation. Promoting a positive safety culture with co-workers, following accident prevention procedures, and supporting the organization in compliance with Safety Management System (SMS).
- Demonstrating reliability by completing assigned repairs and maintenance in a thorough and timely manner, communicating with all necessary supervisor(s) to minimize delays or disruptions in work and flight schedules;
- Acting with Integrity when executing all forms in conformity with the company manuals, taking care to sign and complete forms where appropriate;
- Embodying the spirit of connectedness by Assisting team members as needed when urgent repairs or maintenance arise.
- Demonstrating commitment through Participating in company training activities pertaining to the work of an AMT, which includes currency requirements as well as professional development opportunities;
- Promoting commitment by engaging in courteous and respectful interactions with customers, supervisors, co-workers, and business associates.
The successful candidate will have previous aircraft maintenance experience performing line maintenance as well as scheduled repairs, and will be familiar with the process of allocating labor and materials. Other qualifications include:
- Must possess High School Diploma/GED;
- Must possess a current FAA mechanic certificate with either an Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) rating; preference goes to candidates who have both ratings;
- Must have a minimum of one years’ aircraft maintenance experience; demonstrated mechanical knowledge of Dash 8 aircraft or similar heavy turboprop aircraft is highly desired;
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot aircraft systems;
- Must be able to work all shifts, to include overnight;
- Must have the ability to read and interpret technical manuals and drawings to perform required maintenance tasks;
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks;
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills;
- Must be proficient, or able to become proficient, in documentation using maintenance tracking software program, including material requisitions;
- Must have a strong safety awareness and the ability to adhere to Safety Management Systems (SMS);
- Must be able to pass a comprehensive background check and pre-employment drug screen;
- Must be comfortable working in an airport environment around odors, substances, and sounds typically associated with operating aircraft.
Ravn Alaska hires brilliant team members who exemplify and identify with our Core Values: Safety. Commitment. Integrity. Connectedness. Reliability. To reach new heights with Ravn Alaska, apply today!
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)