Aircraft Test Technician
The Boeing Company •
Becoming a 34107 Aircraft Test Technician at The Boeing Company is an exciting opportunity to fly each airplane on the ground through testing of all systems and aircraft functions. As a 34107 Aircraft Test Technician you will work within a final assembly environment by drawing on knowledge acquired from training and certification classes to complete your daily assigned work. By interpreting drawings, reading/comprehending work instructions and testing data/requirements you will be responsible for identifying your work (task) location on the airplane/part/tooling and identifying all required hand tools, parts and equipment to accomplish defect-free work.
For an Aircraft Test Technician, daily assigned work may include within the Final Assembly environment:
- Use a computer in a production environment.
- Look up/read/comprehend technical work instructions, drawings and/or specifications.
- Perform operational/production testing, troubleshooting and rework/repair of all aircraft systems before, during and after final assembly. These tests will include electrical/electronic, pressure (positive and negative), hydraulic and mechanical systems using airplane diagnostic systems and PC based and non PC based tests equipment.
- Technicians will be working on a live aircraft and will be exposed to airplane and facilities hazardous energy levels (e.g., electricity, fluid and gaseous pressure, noise, etc.).
Depending on your work environment and assigned work the following tools and materials may be used:
Once your work is completed per testing requirement you'll inspect your work for quality and check for FOD (Foreign Object Debris).
- Appropriate protective clothing/equipment determined by the task you are performing.
- Mechanical lifts and material handling devices of various types (e.g., "tiger" and "snorkel" man lifts, boom hoists, electric tugs, BOTS, etc.).
- Various tools such as rivet gun and bucking bar, screwdrivers, lock bolt puller, power screwdriver, c-squeeze, ratchet wrench, nut runner, drills, wire cutters, wire crimps, soldering gun and various other hand tools.
- Chemical solvents, sealants, coatings, primers, adhesives, paints and special finishes.
The daily Physical Demands experienced are dependent upon your work environment, but most Aircraft Test Technicians can experience:
- Frequent (3-6 hrs) finger manipulation (keyboarding, other).
- Working around energized sources (electrical equipment and hazards/shock, e.g. circuit breakers and wiring) and exposure to constant noise.
- Flexion/extension (head bent down, head bent back), handling, kneeling, bending at the waist, reaching (overhead), rotation of head/neck, standing, twisting at the waist, walking.
- Lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds.
- Use of high impact vibratory tools (bucking/riveting).
- Reading from a computer screen, printed drawings or documents.
Required Skills & Experience:
- High school graduate or GED preferred.
Other Relevant Information and Requirements:
- Experience using a computer such as internet navigation, email, Microsoft Office and/or other specialized computer application
- Experience with electronic/electrical working experience in any of the following fields: machine tool maintenance, industrial electronic and/or electrical maintenance field, or military electronic/electrical system maintenance
- Experience reading and interpreting production illustrations, wiring diagrams, and/or schematics
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Person" includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- This is a temporary, full time opportunity. Employment duration will vary depending on the business need of the statement of work defined. At the conclusion of the defined statement of work, employees are encouraged to explore additional opportunities available at The Boeing Company
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM - 751 Collective Bargaining agreement
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
- Company paid housing assistance and meal allowance available if position is located in Moses Lake
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC