LAUNCH Technical Workforce Solutions is seeking Assembly Technicians with aerospace structural experience for an opportunity in Mesa, Arizona
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Assemble, modify and install aircraft structural assemblies, subassemblies, and structures on aircraft systems. Identify nonconforming parts, conditions and manufacturing processes. Work with engineering to improve manufacturing processes.
- Assemble aircraft structures or aircraft support equipment with or without the aid of jigs andb fixtures by drilling, filing, filling, reaming, countersinking, burring and fastening using various hand tools as well as electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Shim, fit, trim and align structural assemblies and subassemblies that vary considerably from one Assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major assemblies callouts, butt, station and water lines; blind pick up of hole locations for blank parts from existing structure; correcting skin canning conditions, buckles, wrinkles in outer skins and
remove surface defects as assigned.
- Assemble, install, rework, repair and modify aircraft structural, mechanical or electrical assemblies, subassemblies, components, systems, and airframe structures on aircraft systems following manufacturing planning, blueprints, schematics, process specifications, repair and rework sketches, written and oral instructions.
- Ensure all assemblies and detail parts are free of Foreign Object Debris (FOD) and nonconformances issues. Check units for compliance using hand held precision measuring equipment, such as calipers, micrometers, height gauges and scales.
- Report all non-conformances to manufacturing supervision or corrective action representative.
Prepare rejection tags noting deviations from specifications on dimensions, finishes, material, processes, or quality when required.
- Follow all safety procedures and reports unsafe conditions to safety officials or manufacturing supervision.
- Report on job status and restraints to coworkers and supervision.
- Identify production inefficiencies and suggests potential improvements to product or process.