CNC Machinist Sr - Savannah GA
PDS Tech, Inc. •
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets up and operates automated machines, CNC routers and related equipment to trim parts, details and assemblies per computerized models according to established manufacturing specifications.
- Downloads part program files to set up machine for trimming/milling operations.
- Tests and verifies NCM programs to ensure geometries and settings prior to operation.
- Reads and interprets Route Cards, GAMPs, DMTs and Solumina work orders to determine specific operations and specifications.
- Selects parts and assemblies for sequential operation per schedule and machine capacity.
- Arranges tooling fixtures for strategic loading by using equipment such as a hoist, forklift or elevated table, etc.
- Performs inspection of tooling and machinery to ensure mechanical integrity and proper function.
- Identifies and maintains acceptable levels of inventory of consumable items required. for continued operation of machinery.
- Adjusts manual controls and/or enters commands into CNC operating system to regulate feeds, speeds and cutting rates.
- Monitors instruments, controls and listens for warning signals during operation to ensure conformance to specifications; modifies or aborts process as required.
- Records data and maintains records as required. by applicable GAMPS.
- Inspects parts to ensure conformity and compliance with blueprints or Catia model.
- Removes completed part, properly cleans and stores final product in designated location.
- Suggests methods or procedures for improved operations to supervision or liaison personnel.
- Discusses setup, loading, unloading, and operation of equipment with other operators and workers to ensure safety of individuals working in and around the work area.
- Instructs and assists other team members in interpretation of Route Cards, GAMPS or DR/DIs and develops methods and shop aids to resolve difficulties and problems.
- Plans and organizes workloads and resource requirements to meet or exceed goal hours and schedule expectations.
- Provides oversight of repairs, validates effectiveness of repairs, and advises management of issues.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- HS diploma or GED. A&P license, FCC license, or NCATT cert preferred.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
7 years CNC operational experience.
- 5-Axis Machine Experience
- 5 axis CNC programming experience is a must
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC