Job Title: Lead Aircraft Mechanic - ORD
Location: Chicago, IL
$10,000 Sign-On Bonus
$2,000 Relocation Bonus
FEAM Aero is the MRO leader in aircraft line maintenance engineering in the U.S. FEAM leads the line maintenance industry with advanced aircraft repair capabilities, a wide line station network, and vast approvals for all current and next-generation aircraft including B787 and A350 aircraft. FEAM places special emphasis on technical training, uncompromising quality controls, and continuous improvement principles. With these effective measures in place, FEAM delivers the best innovative technical services for all commercial aircraft operators.
The Aircraft Crew Chief is responsible for assigning and directing work to be performed by personnel under their leadership. They are a working technician whose responsibility is to lead, guide, and instruct the maintenance technicians. They will ensure that the personnel under their leadership follows all company safety policies and procedures in the performance of their duties.
- Assign and direct work performed by personnel under their leadership.
- Participates in the performance of work as required.
- Assure that personnel under their leadership follow the company’s prescribed safety practices in the performance of their duties.
- Determines that all work performed under their supervision is accomplished, recorded, and charged in accordance with Company policy, publications, or other appropriate authority.
- Certifies the airworthiness of work accomplished by personnel under their direction as authorized by the Director of Quality or their designee.
- Ensures that personnel under their direction are qualified to perform their assigned duties.
- Ensures that all personnel assigned to them follow Company policy, regulations, and established safety policies/procedures.
- Ensures that production quality and quantity of personnel to whom assigned meets prescribed standards.
- Maintain the repair station in a clean and orderly manner.
- Ensure that the personnel under his or her leadership are properly qualified, trained, as well as sufficient in number, and authorized to perform their duties.
- Other duties as assigned by their respective Supervisor.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) License.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Experience on CRJ-200/700/900 aircraft platforms.
- Customer-engagement skills, ability to work with the flight crew and interact in a professional manner.
- 2+ years experience on CRJ-200/700/900 aircraft platforms.
- Demonstrated small team leadership.
Compensation and Benefits:
FEAM Aero, in addition to a good working environment and competitive pay, it is FEAM’s policy to provide a combination of supplemental benefits to all eligible full-time employees. FEAM offers Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans. Vacation and sick time, short and long-term disability, accidental insurance, supplemental life, FSA (Flexible Spending Account), and Critical Illness Insurance.
Additionally, FEAM places special emphasis on technical training. FEAM is a leader in EASA Level Technical Aviation Training Globally. FEAM is one of very few U.S. MRO organizations that provides EASA 147 maintenance training. In addition to the competitive benefits FEAM offers -4 day and -3-day work weeks for some positions.
FEAM is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate based on actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.