Aircraft Interior Technician
Benelux Tek Group Inc. •
Aircraft Interior Technician
Location: Hot Springs, AR, USA
Business Unit: Repairs and Overhaul
Function: Aircraft Interior
Benelux Tek Aerospace is a division of Benelux Tek Group Inc. Our United States office is currently searching for highly skilled aircraft interior technicians. The Aircraft Interior Technician works under general supervision to repair, remove, install, paint and/or fabricate the aircraft interior for A320 and 737 Delta aircrafts.
- Must be able to use a heat gun and razor knife safely and accurately. (Requires the ability to cut a straight line.)
- Responsible for trimming the uncut laminate to the specifications required using processes developed.
- Ensures proper cure time before processing to the next step Mixes paints.
- Coats the surface of aircraft parts with oil or water based paints using brushes and spray guns.
- Smooths the laminate, removes any non-uniform risers (bumps) and delaminated spots.
- Inspect, remove, clean and install aircraft interior pieces, including doors, galleys, seats, bulkheads, floor boards, emergency path lighting, gill liners, closets, galleys and lavatories.
- Cut, measure, dye, and otherwise service floor coverings, seats, walls, and other soft materials.
- Coats surface of parts, assemblies, and finished products with protective or decorative materials such as oil or water based paints using spray guns or brushes. Masks and covers portions of surfaces not to be painted.
- Applies adhesion coats to surfaces of aircraft/components. Ensures paint adheres to the surface.
- Surface prepare; Hand finisher, deburr. Performs stripping of panels requiring the use of a heat gun (similar to hair dryer), putty knife, and scrapers.
- Must be able to carry a 5 lbs panel weighing no more than 50-75 feet to a work table to remove laminate covering.
- Service and maintain all technical aspects of an airplane's interior.
- Ensure aircraft interiors meet FAA requirements.
- Follow workplace safety protocols.
- Examine, install, or replace interior components such as doors, bathroom amenities, panels, and lighting.
- They may work on other airplane features such as carpeting, sound-proofing mechanisms, lighting, cabinets, or wall panels.
- Repair, modify, replace or overhaul aircraft and aircraft systems to ensure airworthiness.
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools and follow standard operating procedures when using tools and equipment
- Promote a culture of safety my monitoring self and others to assure all duties are performed within the guidelines
- High School Diploma, Advanced Technical Degree a plus
- 5-10 years' experience in aerospace environment preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Flexible to changing tasks and workload
- Self-motivated, creative, team oriented, resourceful, adaptable, results oriented, willingness to learn
- Must pass FAA pre-employment drug/alcohol screen.
- Overtime pay after 40+ hours.
- Beautiful location of Hot Springs, AR.
- Competitive hourly rate and per diem pay
- Monday to Saturday (40HR work weeks)
- Overtime (up to 65HR work weeks)
- Ability to commute/relocate:
- Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)