Maintenance Controller - TEB
Jet East Corporate Aviation •
AIRCRAFT MAINTENANCE CONTROLLER
The Maintenance Controller will be detail oriented and view each maintenance event through the eyes of the customer. This individual will monitor and schedule the company’s work force during his/her shift to ensure the proper technician is dispatched and they have the resources to complete the maintenance event. This is a transparent position that will inform our customers and technicians with up to date information in a real time environment. The Maintenance Controller will be a subject matter expert on the Service Hubs and agreements that we have with customers.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provide unscheduled and schedule maintenance coordination for Service Hub and AOG events..
- Take ownership of all email/phone call traffic from potential customers seeking aircraft maintenance.
- Open to all technicians with the ability to send reports to management via email or in person.
- Viewed as the primary single point-of-contact for all parties regarding aircraft maintenance.
- Coordinate the daily maintenance events with the technicians, administration and the parts department.
- Work with other Maintenance Controllers to cover all shifts internally within the Controller group.
- Maintain a current listing of the aircraft status and provide information to the customer and tech’s.
- Consistently monitor maintenance programs and company emails for parts shipping and aircraft maintenance inquiries..
- Assist the admin department with the buildup of the maintenance work folders.
- If needed assist the technicians with setting up tooling, ordering parts and hangar space.
- Provide tracking of parts and equipment while they are in transit to all A.O.G. aircraft.
POSITION REPORTING STRUCTURE
- Reports to the A.O.G. Manager if the A.O.G. Manager is off duty this position report to the base supervisor.
MEASURES OF SUCCESS
- Acute attention to detail while monitoring all company e-mail traffic and technician locations.
- Schedule manpower and maintenance events to efficiently minimize un-billed labor hours.
- Update our maintenance tracking programs on all aircraft multiple times during his/her shift.
- Minimize aircraft out of service duration's.
- Successful M.E.L. clearing rate per each maintenance event.
- Successful in reducing the tech waiting time.
- Adherence to company regulations and safety policies.
- Displaying characteristics of professionalism, organization, teamwork and flexibility.
- Hold a valid FAA A&P license.
- Have at least 5 years of experience working as an A&P mechanic.
- Experience with various models of corporate aircraft.
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with ability to learn and master new computer maintenance programs.
- Be available for overtime and the ability to cover other Maintenance Controller shifts in a team environment.
- If needed this position will provide updates on scheduling and process improvements to management.
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Paid Holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits after 30 days
- 401K with a company match
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Group Life
- Vol Life Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Ident #:
Maintenance Controller in TEB
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC