Aircraft Maintenance Mechanic
Virginia State Police •
The Virginia Department of State Police is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Aircraft Maintenance Mechanic located in Chesterfield, Virginia. This is a Non-Exempt position; therefore, this position is subject to the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Performs necessary repairs and maintenance work, including periodic inspections and trouble shooting, as assigned by the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor in order to keep Department aircraft operationally ready. Coordinates maintenance and repairs of aircraft in the absence of the Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor.
- Assists Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor in performing 50-hour, 100-hour, and annual inspections on aircraft in order to assure airworthiness and conformance to standards.
- Maintains the aircraft repair stations, including all tools, equipment and spare parts, in order to assure proper supplies are available.
- Maintains aircraft in clean and presentable condition, including fueling and hangaring aircraft.
- Maintains logs and orders supplies and parts.
A THOROUGH BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION WILL BE COMPLETED ON EACH APPLICANT
- Working knowledge of aircraft systems, and relevant equipment and procedures.
- Skill in use of aircraft mechanic tools.
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose maintenance problems; to assist in performance of inspections as prescribed by FAA and manufacturer; to maintain records and logs; to interpret and follow oral and written instructions; and to perform maintenance and repair in a professional manner.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent.
- FAA Airframe and Powerplant Certificate; training in aircraft repair; and moderate experience in maintenance of airplanes and helicopters.
Elements of the selection process for this position will also include the screening of applications; interviewing of qualified candidates; and salary negotiations. The pre-employment process can take approximately up to three (3) months to complete. The anticipated duration of this process is determined by the successful completion of the above items.
Applicants must live in states east of the Mississippi River. Military applicants must live in or home of record must be in one of the states east of the Mississippi River.
Applicants who possess an Interagency Placement Screening Form (Yellow Form) or a Preferential Hiring Form (Blue Form) as issued under Policy 1.30 Layoff (Commonwealth of Virginia Employees Only), must attach these forms with their state application.
Applications, cover letters and/or resumes will only be accepted on-line through the Recruitment Management System at https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com. This position is open until filled. Please limit resumes, cover letters, reference letters and all other attachments to only two (2) pages. Any attachments received in excess of two (2) pages will not be considered. For questions, please contact the Employment Unit of the Human Resources Division.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION UPON REQUEST
AMERICORPS, PEACE CORPS, AND OTHER NATIONAL SERVICE ALUMNI ARE ENCOURAGED
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)