Boeing is the worlds largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial jetliners, defence, space and security systems, and service provider of aftermarket support. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Boeing UK is offering an exciting and challenging opportunity to join our unique ‘Boeing Aircraft Maintenance Apprenticeship Programme’. This three-year Programme is aimed at developing highly motivated individuals into professional Aircraft Engineers and assist in the delivery of a world-class engineering maintenance operation across our various sites within the UK.
Boeing in the UK provides aircraft maintenance services to various customers in both the commercial and defence sectors. During this programme successful candidates will learn about and get practical hands on experience of maintaining commercial and defence aircraft on various fixed wing and rotary platforms such as the Chinook, Apache, P-8A, C-17,Boeing 737 and 787 aircraft. This unique dual traded programme will be located at the various sites Boeing operates in the UK throughout the programme, so a willingness to travel, live and work in different locations is a requirement.
The programme is uniquely underpinned by the EASA Aircraft Engineers Licence. The chosen candidates will study towards an EASA Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Licence, NVQ Level 3 in aircraft maintenance engineering and other specialist training. During the apprenticeship candidates will be trained in all disciplines (airframe, propulsion and avionics) of fixed wing and rotary aircraft maintenance engineering for both civil and defence platforms for both military and commercial aircraft.
Tasks you will carry out:
- Perform routine scheduled aircraft maintenance
- Perform unscheduled defect rectification
- Fault find and rectification
- Perform aircraft modifications
- Use and follow Approved maintenance documentation
- Ensure you adhere to Health & Safety policies and procedures
- Working to given time scales
- Work alongside skilled technicians to provide you with the knowledge needed to become fully trained
- You will also be expected to respond quickly to changing demands throughout your working day
Year 1 of the course will be spent at the International Centre for Aircraft Maintenance Training (ICAT) located at Cardiff Airport. During this time all EASA A Licence modules will be undertaken in addition to NVQ Level 2 in aircraft Maintenance Engineering. During the first 10 months whilst at ICAT accommodation will be provided.
Years 2 and 3 will be spent in rotation, 12 months at a time in commercial and defence environment’s at one of our UK facilities. During this time you will be working towards NVQ Level 3 in aircraft maintenance engineering at the workplace. Under supervision this training will be on live aircraft with the aim of becoming a qualified technician at the end of the course.
- Delivering increased productivity
- Support companywide continuous improvement initiatives
- Working with people at all levels of the organisation
The successful candidate will work within a team whilst demonstrating personal drive and motivation to deliver results.
Be a highly motivated individual with the following skills:
- Two-Way Communication
- Problem Solving
- Be able to work on own initiative
- Have good organisation and time keeping skills
- Willing to learn new skills and adapt to change
- Have a passion for engineering
- Flexibility to work at various UK Boeing bases
Entry Level Requirements
- 5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) Including English and Science (preferably Physics), GCSE Mathematics at a minimum of B/5 grade, 3 A Levels or BTEC equivalent.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE