Aircraft Maintenance Technician, Cabin Maintenance
Delta Air Lines •
, Massachusetts, United States
How youll help us Keep Climbing (overview & key responsibilities)
The Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT) is a critical TechOps role at Delta. In this role, you will maintain the proper and safe functioning of Delta’s fleet, ensuring customers have an exceptional travel experience. AMTs maintain aircraft, aircraft engines, and aircraft components and avionics systems according to Delta and FAA specifications; perform inspections during assembly of parts and after repair or installation of components; document maintenance procedures including component damage, origin, and condition; and practice safety conscious behaviors in all operational processes and procedures.
Summary of responsibilities (not comprehensive of all tasks):
- Performs all work activities in accordance with established laws, regulations, standards, safety protocols, and procedures to ensure safety of self and others.
- Inspects aircraft or aircraft components, including landing gear, hydraulic systems, tires, and engines for damage, defects, corrosion, or other wear to ensure airworthiness.
- Recommends replacement, repair, or modification of aircraft equipment based on inspection.
- Reports issues, malfunctions, unusual wear, or damage to appropriate personnel, as required.
- Installs, removes, or modifies aircraft structures, systems, or components, following drawings, schematics, charts, engineering orders, and technical publications.
- Repairs worn, defective, or damaged parts or components (e.g., damaged gaskets, lines and couplings, cables, and pulleys), using hand tools, gauges, and testing equipment.
- Inspects completed work to certify that maintenance adheres to standards and procedures, and that aircraft are ready for operation.
- Interprets discrepancies or logs (written or verbal) to understand history and nature of issue, to troubleshoot issue, and to identify required next steps (e.g., fix, defer, replace).
- Researches, reads, and interprets technical manuals and guidelines to perform inspections, installations, repairs, or other work activities.
- Reviews maintenance records to determine if service and maintenance checks, repairs, and overhauls were performed at prescribed intervals.
- Maintains repair logs, documenting all preventative and corrective aircraft maintenance activities.
- Serves as a technical expert or mentor by providing advice and corrective recommendations to others.
- Uses computers, computer systems, and other technology to enter, document, access, receive, or communicate information.
What you need to succeed (minimum qualifications)
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for U.S.-based job, if not currently employed by Delta Air Lines, Inc.
- Must have an FAA Airframe and Power Plant license
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be authorized to work in the US
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent
- Must have valid driver's license
- Must pass a background check including a government required fingerprint-based criminal history records check
- Must pass a DOT required pre-employment drug screen and thereafter submit to DOT mandated random drug and alcohol testing
- Must read, write, speak, and understand English
- (If transferring internally) Must be performing satisfactorily in present position
What will give you a competitive edge (preferred qualifications)
- One year of full-time work experience
- Prior military experience
- Prior work experience in the airline industry
- Status as a current Delta employee
- One year of mechanical experience (outside of educational experience)
- One year of aircraft maintenance experience (outside of educational experience)
- One year of heavy jet maintenance experience (outside of educational experience)
- Prior electronics/avionics experience or FCC license
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)