Aircraft Mechanic 1 RW WASS - Iraq
Worldwide Aviation Support Services •
The maintaining of aircraft and their associated engines and sub-systems to ensure airworthiness. Perform maintenance for UH-1 aircraft. This position is in Iraq.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Repairs, replaces and rebuilds aircraft structures, such as cowlings and fuselage, and functional components including rigging, surface controls, and plumbing and hydraulic units; using hand tools, power tools, machines and equipment such as shears, sheet metal brake, welding equipment, rivet gun and drills.
- Reads and interprets manufacturer and airline maintenance manuals, service bulletins, and other related documentation to determine feasibility and method of altering or repairing the aircraft and its associated components, determining the airworthiness of the aircraft and its associated components and replacement for malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Inspects engines and their associated components for airworthiness; repairs or replaces defective engine parts and associated components; removes and installs engines onto the aircraft.
- Troubleshoots, repairs, and replaces electrical wiring and associated components.
- Performs miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, including hydraulic system servicing, engine oil replenishment, aircraft systems lubrication, aircraft fueling, etc...
- Interacts with Company maintenance control, the customer and manufacturer in matters that concern the airworthiness of the aircraft, operational readiness of the aircraft and issues related to the troubleshooting of the aircraft&39;s system
- Position requires a U.S. Department of State Moderate Risk Public Trust (MRPT).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED and technical school certificate
- FAA Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) LIcense
- CMF 15 aviation MOS series or other military or commercial equivalent
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Must have prior experience maintaining specific assigned aircraft, UH-1
- Must have at least four (4) years Rotary Wing experience. Must have exercised the privilege of their A&P License for a minimum of 6 months of the previous 24 months.
- Must have experience with working from blueprint drawings, diagram, specifications, service manuals, sketches, templates, and other incomplete data.
- Must have knowledge of U.S. Army Manual AR 95-1 and DA /DOS PAM 738-750 / 751 or U.S. Air Force Technical Orders along with maintenance sections of the certificate holder&39;s maintenance manual, the operations specifications, the provisions, and applicable parts of FAR Part 135.
- Experience working on the following airframes is highly preferred: UH-1ST
- Strong Electrical/Avionics background a plus.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Focus on Results - Able to plan and organize work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
Communications - Possess excellent verbal & written communications skills; Provides timely, well organized verbal & written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains/processes information.
Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships & collaboration with others including those different from him/her; deals tactfully with others; assumes helps with a variety of team roles.
Strategic Planning & Decision-Making - Develops strategic short & long term plans; arranges priorities, distinguishing urgent, important and unimportant in order to meet goals & deadlines; consults & collaborates with appropriate people.
Initiative & Innovation - Generates new ideas personally & encourage team to do the same; stays up-to-date on technology & approaches to work; provides creative solutions & input when faced with challenges.
Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal & external customers; ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
Quality & Safety - Adheres to all safety & security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough & efficient.
Continuous Improvement - Examines personal & organizational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement; analyzes successes & failures to learn and improve.
Training & Development - Completes required & suggested training; shows eagerness and capacity to learn; receptive to coaching & feedback.
Integrity - Committed to passionately and consistently promoting a professional culture that is trustworthy, honest, socially responsible, and where differences are respected and valued.
Performance Management - Sets clear expectations & direction for staff; achieves team results consistently; coaches staff to improve; is a positive role model.
Expense Management - Plans budget appropriately, uses sound judgment; analyzes operation for improving expense efficiency; demonstrates knowledge of financial process & results.
Leadership - Builds commitment to team, company, mission & customer through effective & frequent communications; promotes an environment of trust; fosters a respectful, energetic & positive work culture.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)