Aircraft Mechanic 3
Georgia Department of Public Safety •
The Georgia Department of Public Safety (DPS) oversees the day-to-day operation of the Georgia State Patrol (GSP), Capitol Police and the Motor Carrier Compliance Division (MCCD). We currently have a challenging and rewarding opportunity for an Aircraft Mechanic 3 in the Aviation Division.
The Georgia State Patrol Aviation Division operates 24/7 to provide air support to the Georgia State Patrol and in support of public safety interest for the citizens of Georgia. The Division fleet is comprised of 15 helicopters and one Cessna 182 airplane. There are six field hangars located in Kennesaw, Albany, Gainesville, Perry, Reidsville, and Augusta.
This position will be located at the Kennesaw Maintenance Facility in Cobb County.
Aviation performs search and rescue missions utilizing FLIR (Forward Looking Infra-Red) camera systems. Many missing persons and criminals have been located using this technology. Other missions supported by GSP Aviation include: manhunts, aerial photography, aerial surveillance, natural disasters, SWAT missions, fire suppression, microwave downlink, executive transport, and static displays (high schools and colleges, civic groups, local law enforcement agencies, and air shows). This division has become the leader nationwide in its innovative use of helicopters for marijuana suppression which earned the unit the coveted Helicopter Association International Hughes Law Enforcement award.
Under the supervision of the Aviation Director, this position is a critical part of the Georgia State Patrol Aviation Division’s mission to provide aerial support to law enforcement agencies in support of the public safety interest of the citizens of Georgia.
A typical workday includes, but is not limited to:
Please note: a comprehensive background check, including polygraph exam, will be required.
- Replacing time or service-limited parts and/or aircraft appliances as needed or on a scheduled basis.
- Performing preventive and corrective maintenance on aircraft and associated aircraft appliances in accordance with established schedules
- Researching and investigating possible solutions to engine, airframe, and associated appliance malfunctions.
- Troubleshooting inoperative or malfunctioning aircraft systems.
- Attending recurrent aircraft technical training to maintain professional currency.
Vocational/Technical degree in area of assignment from an accredited college AND Two years of experience in area of assignment OR Four years of experience in area of assignment OR One year of experience at the lower level Aircraft Mechanic 2 (FET081) or position equivalent. Note: Some positions may require specific licensure.
Application Deadline: Friday, October 4, 2019
- Three (3) years hands-on maintenance experience as a licensed A&P mechanic.
- Previous rotorcraft maintenance experience.
- Inspection Authorization (IA) license is preferred or will be obtained within 12 calendar months.
Instructions for current state employees to apply for this position:
Only applicants chosen for interview will be contacted. This is an unclassified position unless filled by a classified employee.
- Click on https://ga.taleo.net/careersection/ga_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=FAC01TH&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York
- Accept the Privacy Agreement
- Log-in to the system
- First time logging in? :
- Your username is your TeamWorks (PeopleSoft) Employee ID.
- The initial password will be the last four digits of your Social Security, followed by the first four letters of your last name, in upper case (ALL CAPS). You will then be asked to change your password.
- Once you access your account, you will then see the job announcement. Click on “Apply now” and follow the steps needed to create your profile and upload your résumé.
- If you have any questions or problems, please contact Human Resources at 404-624-7553 or email employment @ gsp.net.
The Georgia Department of Public Safety is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employees and applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, natural origin, age, disability or genetic information.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC