Aircraft Mechanic II (H-60 Airframes) China Lake , CA
- Responsible for support of highly sensitive HQ USAF operational plans and safe air transportation for Cabinet Members, senior military leaders, and visiting foreign dignitaries.
- Performs scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance, performs repairs and modifications to aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components, applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as; blue prints or manufactures manuals.
- Work typically requires a thoroughly comprehensive knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of complex electrical systems.
- Accomplishes inspections including, but not limited to preflight, thru-flight, basic post-flight, and phase inspections. Assists aircrew in preparation for flight.
- Launches and recovers aircraft as required.
- Performs operational checks of al aircraft systems and maintains aircraft appearance and cleanliness.
- Operates all associated ground support equipment and uses hand tools, special tools, and fixtures applicable to aircraft.
- Performs all tasks associated with ground movement of aircraft.
- Annotates maintenance actions in aircraft records/forms and completes associated Core Automated Maintenance System entries.
- Practices good housekeeping, tool control, Foreign Object Damage awareness and prevention and safety at all times.
- Performs other duties related to the occupational field as assigned to include temporary duty and travel.
- Must be able to work day shift, swing shift, night shift, and/or weekend shift as required.
Knowledge & Skills
Experience & Education
- Knowledge of the use of aircraft hand tools, special tools, and test equipment is required.
- Must have a working knowledge of aircraft safety requirements and know how to operate portable fire fighting equipment.
- A minimum of four years working knowledge of helicopter maintenance operations is required.
- Recent experience on the UH-1N, Bell 212 or UH-1 would be a plus.
- The ability to read, interpret, and comprehend schematic diagrams, drawings, charts, and technical publications are required.
- An FAA Airframe Certificate may be required. Must be able to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance and flightline driver’s license.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)