- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum of 4 years-experience on aircraft as a structure/sheet metal mechanic. Military aircraft experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in providing quality mechanical stripping of paint materials on aircraft panels and surfaces; corrosion repair and mitigation of aircraft panels and structural components; modifications to and structural repair of aircraft panels and structural components
- Experience in inspecting and evaluating structural damage to aircraft sheet metal systems and preparing composite surfaces using state of the art materials, methods, procedures, and inspections
- Knowledgeable with the use of common tools such as hammers, punches, pneumatic drill motors, rivet guns, hand sanders, high speed grinders and sanders, protractors, calipers, height, depth, dial gauges and other common pneumatic tools
- Experience in the removal of panels and skins and other aircraft components in preparation for removal and application of surface coatings
- Ability to read and follow government provided technical data, blueprints, engineering drawings, standard operating procedures, and manufacturing specifications in the maintenance process
Physical Effort: Work requires standing, stooping, bending, and reaching. Frequent handling, lifting, and carrying objects that weigh 40-50 lbs.
Working Conditions: Work is performed in closed-in areas that are usually noisy and dirty, and where there is a constant danger to the skin and eyes from flying metal chips and abrasive particles; skin irritation from contact with coolants, lubricants, and abrasive compounds; danger to fingers, hands, and other parts of the body from cutting tools, grinding wheels, rotating pieces, and moving parts of machines.
This position will require U.S. citizenship and the ability to pass an in-depth government background check. DoD Secret clearance may be required in the future.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.