Aircraft Mechanic III - A&P
Lockheed Martin •
Description:Inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, overhauls and modifies aircraft systems and powerplants in accordance with established written procedures, specifications, and standards. Candidate must be knowledgeable in aircraft systems operation and maintenance to include landing gear, powerplants, flight controls, disassembly, reassembly, rigging and aircraft movement.
Must be able to read and speak English. Comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Additional mission essential functions and other duties may be assigned as required.
Candidate will provide shadowed toolbox with etched tools per minimum inventory and specifications as detailed by the company.
In order to perform the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to perform repetitive movements, work overhead, use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, twist, and work on or in the aircraft. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, and balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed to perform job tasks. The employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The candidate will be frequently be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The candidate must be able to properly use, handle and dispose of hazardous materials, and toxic or caustic chemicals per Government regulations and company procedures. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The candidate is required to work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
****Per Lockheed Martins FAA Repair Station Certificate, each individual that applies to perform a safety-sensitive function, will be required to undergo pre-employment drug testing for the presence of marijuana, cocaine, opiates, phencyclidine (PCP) and amphetamines.*****
*Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
*Must possess or be able to obtain a final secret security clearance.
*Odd / Multiple shifts may be worked in the same week.
*Must be able to work with limited or no direct supervision.
*Candidate must be available to travel on short notice and expect to be away for various lengths of time.
- Candidate must possess at a minimum, 6 years of C-130/L-100 aircraft maintenance experience and be knowledgeable in aircraft systems operation to include landing gear, flight controls, aircraft ground operations and the flight line environment.
- Troubleshoot and repair malfunctions ranging from faulty parts to improper wiring.
- Use maintenance manuals, schematics and wiring diagrams to diagnose and locate malfunctions and repair according to applicable technical data.
- Must possess an FAA Airframe and/or Powerplant License.
- Requires travel, often for extended periods of time and at times on short notice.
- High school education or equivalent (GED).
- Experience in Flight Line Operations, Isochronal/Phase Inspections and Depot Level Maintenance on C-130/L-100 aircraft.
- Experience with servicing, pre-flight, launch and recovery (post-flight inspection) of aircraft.
- Experience with Commercial and USAF aircraft logbooks, Maintenance Manuals, Service Bulletins, Airworthiness Directives and Time Compliance Technical Orders.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown or engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Willing to be trained and/or certified in special skills.
Other Important Information You Should Know
Expression of Interest: By applying to this job, you are expressing interest in this position and could be considered for other career opportunities where similar skills and requirements have been identified as a match. Should this match be identified you may be contacted for this and future openings.Ability to Work Remotely: Onsite Full-time: The work associated with this position will be performed onsite at a designated Lockheed Martin facility.Work Schedules: Lockheed Martin supports a variety of alternate work schedules that provide additional flexibility to our employees. Schedules range from standard 40 hours over a five day work week while others may be condensed. These condensed schedules provide employees with additional time away from the office and are in addition to our Paid Time off benefits.Schedule for this Position: 4x10 hour day, 3 days off per weekSecurity Clearance Statement: This position requires a government security clearance, you must be a US Citizen for consideration.Clearance Level: Secret
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)