Aircraft Mechanic III, (LUH /UH-72)
L-3 Vertex •
This position is located at L-3 RASM-E APG, Aberdeen MD
We are looking for an individual that is a self-starter, organized and detail oriented. This position requires the individual to work in all weather conditions servicing, inspects, troubleshoots, repairs, modifies and overhauls aircraft and aircraft systems.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs routine aircraft maintenance functions.
2. Performs operational checks on lighting equipment, such as: navigation lights search and landing lights, anti-collision lights and replaces bulbs.
3. May remove and install electrical connections that are fool proof.
4. Removes and installs starter and main generators.
5. Must demonstrate an operational knowledge of aircraft, aircraft systems, engines and component parts.
6. Operates aircraft towing equipment in towing operations.
7. Recovers disable aircraft.
8. Maintains aircraft fuel, oil and hydraulic systems.
9. Must have knowledge of the proper use of hand tools in aircraft maintenance.
10. Must be able to read and write, and interpret and comply with aircraft maintenance procedures, manuals, specifications, and directives, guides and forms used on the job.
11. Performs preventive maintenance inspections on aircraft and aircraft systems and subsystems.
12. Performs troubleshooting, repair, modifications, corrosion control and preservation of aircraft and aircraft systems and aircraft sub-systems, including fuel, oil and pneudraulic systems. Overhauls aircraft components and sub-components.
13. Services ground support equipment. Performs preventive maintenance inspections on all ground support equipment. Performs functional checks, inspections, troubleshooting as required and trained.
14. Completes maintenance documentation accurately using ACN, and required forms, as required by job assignment.
15. Must show proficiency in the use of ACN.
16. Effectively task and direct subordinate personnel through daily assignment of tasks.
17. Develop and execute maintenance plans to ensure meeting of aircraft Turn-Around-Time (TAT)
18. Maintain aircraft Phase Team Leader Stations and Logbooks for documentation of all compliance of required inspections and maintenance required and completed.
19. Inspect and maintain GFE, as well as, conduct periodic inventory of all assigned equipment
20. Effectively report status of aircraft through written and verbal communication
21. Manage aircraft parts requisition through request, review and approve Critical Items List, distribution, and turn-in.
22. Initiate and complete controlled exchange in accordance with applicable Standard Operating Procedures and Regulations
23. Conduct aircraft maintenance, while providing direction for assigned personnel’s daily maintenance operations
24. Report violations of Work Rules, Policies and Procedures to appropriate level.
25. May be assigned to evaluate training and proficiency requirements, provide training, request updates to policies and procedures.
26. Responsible for complying with most recent L-3 policies and procedures.
27. Operates motor vehicles, machines and special purpose equipment as required by the job assignment.
28. Performs PMCS and inspection documentation on vehicles, tools and equipment. Performs housekeeping duties in work and common areas.
29. Ensures that tools and equipment used by the employee in the classification are properly calibrated.
30. When selected, attends schools and classes with satisfactory completion, which are designated by the Company for employees in the assigned classification.
31. Uses most current approved methods and publications in the performance of the assigned job.
32. Performs the duties of lower classified employees within the line of progression when assigned.
33. Completes and maintains records and reports as required by job assignment.
34. Demonstrates job procedures and assists in the on-the-job training (OJT) of employees within the classification as required.
35. Handles and disposes of hazardous materials related to job assignment in accordance with RASM-E and OSHA policies and procedures.
36. Performs duties using automated equipment and software utilized in the functional assignment. Ability to perform Unit Level Logistics System-Aviation Enhanced (ACN E) functions for aviation maintenance performed.
37. When assigned to the flight line, provide customer support during launch and recovery and aircraft security as required.
38. Responsible for complying with corporate and installation physical security requirements.
39. Comply with all OSHA and Safety standards.
40. Responsible for daily entry of individual hours worked in company timekeeping system.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Makes appropriate logbook entries and documents own work accomplished.
2. Performs aircraft functional checks.
3. Performs related record maintenance including: completing appropriate log book forms, condition tags and parts requests in accordance with technical publications, Company procedures manuals and other written and oral directives.
4. Uses blueprints, schematics, technical drawings and manufacturers’ drawings and sketches in the performance of assigned duties.
5. May be required to perform Maintenance Operational Checks (MOCs)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. High school diploma or equivalent--General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
2. Three to Five years (3 to 5 years) of General Mechanic experience on rotary wing aircraft
(LUH /UH-72 preferred but not required).
3. Must have an A&P license.
1. Must have and maintain a valid state driver’s license when required by job assignment.
2. Must obtain and maintain Security Clearance required by the Government.
3. Must be able to obtain and maintain required clearance for Common Access Card (CAC).
4. Must be willing to travel 50 – 75% of the year as required by the customer.
Job Ident #: