The ideal candidate for the Aircraft Mechanic/Egress position will report to the team lead under the Director of Maintenance responsible for the safe and effective operation of company-owned aircraft and will perform organizational, intermediate, and limited depot-level maintenance to include inspection, operational test, repair, modification, and troubleshooting on all assigned aircraft, components, and equipment. This position will apply advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems and to provide technical assistance, guidance, and instruction to other teammates as needed.
The key desirable and preferred requirements for this position include:
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities is qualifying. Please see job description for minimum requirements.
- Minimum of five years' work-related skill, knowledge, or experience in organizational-level seat shop maintenance.
- Completion of U.S. DoD formal training course in egress and life support systems repair.
- Recent experience with high performance military aircraft (F-5/T-38) strongly preferred.
- Collateral Duty Inspector (CDI) certification.
- Plane Captain certification preferred, or ability to become certified.
- Ability to troubleshoot, service, remove, replace, and overhaul aircraft and repair egress and life support systems to ensure airworthiness.
- Must have working knowledge of aircraft safety requirements and how to operate portable firefighting equipment.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to correctly prioritize workload to maintain schedules, deadlines, and standards on assigned projects.
- Ability to manage multiple roles and projects and to see the big picture.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and be adaptable.
- Ability to cross-train into other specialties.
- Ability to read, listen to, and understand information and ideas verbally and in writing.
- Creativity, positivity, and confidence.
- Regular travel to various work sites throughout the U.S. may be required.
- Ability to obtain U.S. government security clearance.This position is subject to pre-employment and random drug/alcohol screening (including for marijuana), and physical certifications.
The level of position offered will be dependent upon background and qualifications. If you are a dynamic, self-motivated individual who appreciates challenging yet rewarding work, with a keen interest in cutting-edge aircraft mission systems development and maintenance, Tactical Air invites you to apply.
If any applicant requires assistance in accessing or completing an employment application, please contact Human Resources.Tactical Air is proud to be an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability Employer
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.