Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic
Lockheed Martin •
Description:Production, Repair and modification of the aircraft structure and major subassemblys. Plan, lay out, fabricate, assemble, install, and repair various sheet metal and structural assemblies and sub-assemblies utilizing precision measuring equipment.
Must be able to read and speak English. Comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Mission essential functions and other duties may be assigned as required.
Candidate should be able to provide a shadowed toolbox with etched tools per minimum inventory and specifications as detailed by the company within 14 days of being notified of transfer to other programs.
The candidate will be exposed to repetitive movements and work overhead. The candidate will be required to use hands to grasp, handle, and/or feel, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, squat, crawl, twist, and work on or in the aircraft. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, and balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or push or pull up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or push or pull up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will be required to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as needed to perform job tasks. The employee is regularly exposed to vibration. The candidate will be frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles. The candidate must be able to properly use, handle and dispose of hazardous materials, and toxic or caustic chemicals per Government regulations and company procedures. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, high, precarious places, outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The candidate is required to work in a safe and efficient manner while maintaining a clean, FOD-free work area.
Candidate will be required to complete a sheet metal performance demonstration.
This position is located at a facility that requires special access.
8 years of Aircraft Structural Repair or Aircraft Sheet metal experience
Airframe and/or Powerplant License Required
- F16, C130, or P-3 Aircraft structural modification or heavy structures overhaul experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical manuals, understanding symbols, flags, and general notes.
- Ability to identify aircraft locations by station, butt-line, and waterline as shown or engineering documentation and technical orders.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Knowledge and ability to perform multiple skill requirements.
- Willing to be trained and/or certified in special skills.
- Ability to mentor and train others in Avionics skills.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)