Aircraft Sheetmetal Welder Sr: 42612
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is offering Aircraft Sheetmetal Welder Sr jobs in Savannah, Georgia.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at 1-800-359-4787.
- The Senior Sheetmetal Welder works independently to perform a variety of advanced metal joining processes in direct support of the appropriate departments and external customers
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED. Five (5) years welding or related experience
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Fabricate or repair aircraft components as requested by appropriate department technicians, APU shop technicians, or external customers
- Research materials and processes as required insuring compliance with pertinent ANSI, AWS, FAA, and/or Aircraft Manufacturer standards
- Correctly complete required internal and FAA paperwork such as Work Order sign-offs, FAA forms 8130-3 Airworthiness Approval Tag, and log-book entries or return to service authorizations when traveling to service customer aircraft
- Maintain and repair welding equipment. Order replacement parts as required
- Identify and maintain adequate stock of required materials
- Correctly use power and hand tools to cut, form, and otherwise prepare pieces for welding
- Train less experienced technicians in welding techniques, materials, and safety procedures
- Maintain compliance with company Policies and Procedures manual, Inspection Procedures manual, and pertinent Process Specifications
- Make effective use of the existing systems to enter labor against Work Orders, create pick-lists and purchase requisitions, review Work Orders, add items to Work Orders, and to sign off Work Orders
- Keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered
- Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor
- Comply with safety rules and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A dedicated effort at self-education, as aircraft-specific advanced welding instruction is not readily available at the trade-school level
- Must be well studied in the guidelines set forth by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), the American Welding Society (AWS), the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), and pertinent company process specifications
- Ability to certify to MSD1595A, Fusion Welding for Aircraft and Aerospace Welders, as required by company Process Specification 115
- Ability to be listed under the company FAA Repair Station certificate as a Repairman authorized to perform and supervise welding operations
- Advanced math skills required
- Extensive knowledge of metallurgy, metal working procedures, and welding processes and technology with regard to aircraft applications
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call at 1-800-359-4787.Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC