Aircraft Structural Mechanics: 49012
STS Technical Services •
STS Technical Services is hiring Aircraft Structural Mechanics in Jacksonville, Florida!
- This Aircraft Structural Mechanic maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures and structural components of moderate difficulty
- Maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, and mechanical components
- Applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions
- Applies required expertise in restoring equipment condition and or operation
- Applies comprehensive technical expertise to solve moderate to complex problems by interpreting technical documentation such as blueprints or manufactures manuals.
- Perform a variety of structural assembly operations in a production department
- Read and interpret schematics, assembly drawings, process specifications, technical manuals, written instructions, test procedures, etc.
- Setup and use a variety of precision measuring instruments such as: dial indicators, micrometers, gauges, proctors, and calipers, etc.
- Use common hand tools such as: drills, reamers, deburring tools, files, rivet guns, bucking bars, etc.
- Assemble aircraft structures and associated components with the aid of jigs and fixtures by drilling, filing, filling, honing, reaming, counter-sinking, dimpling, burring and fastening
- Perform close tolerance assembly operations such as: shimming, fitting, trimming, and aligning where variances may occur considerably from one assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major structural assemblies
- Replace major structure components, longerons, formers, ribs and stiffeners in skinned assemblies establishing from blueprints with firm callouts, butt, center, chord, station and water lines
- Blind pickup of hole locations for blank parts from existing structure
- Operate such equipment as brakes, grinders, band saws, and presses
- Identify different types of corrosion, clean and treat corrosion, remove damaged areas, fabricate parts to repair damaged area, determine rivet patterns, layouts, etc.
- Checks all work and ensures a defective free assembly prior to final inspection
- The desired applicant must have a broad array of structures knowledge and have the relevant/necessary experience to be able to "hit the ground running" if hired. We will provide tools and toolbox
- Must have a thorough knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting, repair procedures and replacement of parts
- Requires broad knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modifications and repair
- Must have basic knowledge of electrical theory, must have thorough knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers.
- This job requires working knowledge of technical publications.
- The incumbent receives technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician
- Will occasionally be required to lead teams through more complex aircraft relevant tasks, and may be required to make entries in aircraft logs and records.
- Must be able to prioritize workload to maintain schedules on assigned projects.
About STS Technical Services:
STS Technical Services is a Top 100 Staffing Firm that’s partnered with some of the largest names in the aerospace, manufacturing, defense and industrial industries.Our professional recruitment teams put talented individuals to work at client locations all over the world, and we have hundreds of exciting career opportunities for you to explore!If you want to speak to a Recruiting Professional directly, call 1-800-359-4787.STS Technical Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Ident #:
Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC