Aircraft Structures 2 Sheet Metal Mechanic – Active Secret Clearance REQUIRED
Northrop Grumman •
Aircraft Structures 2 Sheet Metal Mechanic – Active Secret Clearance REQUIRED with an Active Investigation within the last six years ($5k relocation available & $5K Sign on Bonus)
Mon- Thurs schedule
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for an Aircraft Structures/Sheet Metal Mechanic- Level 2 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The selected candidate will perform a variety of operations to assemble and make major assembly structures such as fuselage panels and bulkheads, and structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers.
- Read and understand blueprints
- Translate blueprints into fabrications of structural assemblies to include: precision drilling, countersinking, and the use of calibrated tools
- Aligning parts on jigs using templates and fixtures
- Performing part-fitting operations: filing sawing, burring, crimping, trimming, framing, riveting, drilling and reaming
- Measures parts with micrometers and calipers to verify dimensions
- May modify incomplete and complete assemblies to incorporate changes to structure and verify quality in accordance with statistical process or other control procedures
- Required ability to be certified for a half & full face respirator
- High School diploma or GED
- Active DOD Secret Clearance with an investigation date/periodic review within the last 6 years
- Minimum of 2 years’ structures/sheet metal experience in an aerospace, automotive, military, manufacturing and/or maintenance environment
- Must be able to perform moderate strenuous physical and repetitious work to include: bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 pounds, and working overhead
- Must be able to access small confined spaces and work in an enclosed environment
- The ability to pass Special Medical/Respiratory Exam
- The ability to work 1st “5 am – 3:30 pm” or 2nd shift “4:12 pm – 2:42 am” and any work schedule
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
- Completion of A&P certificate program.
- Experience with structural subassemblies such as rudders, flaps and stabilizers.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)