Aircraft Structures Mechanic (Airframe)
Kay and Associates, Inc. •
23023 AIRCRAFT MECHANIC III A person in this position does the following; maintains repairs and modifies aircraft structures, structural components and engines of complex to extreme difficulty, maintains and repairs aircraft components including but not limited to flight controls, engines, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems and mechanical components, and applies technical knowledge of airframe and power plant systems in determining equipment malfunctions and applies technical expertise in restoring equipment condition and operation.
- Performs duties as Airframe Mechanic on P-3 aircraft in support of Aircraft Division.
- May perform Lead duties as assigned.
- May perform CDQAR duties as assigned.
- Troubleshoot, repair and service P-3 aircraft components and engine systems.
- Conducts diagnosis of malfunctions.
- Perform maintenance, disassembly, rework, repair, replacement, re-assembly or adjustment of various aircraft component systems in accordance with technical specifications and engineering instructions.
- Maintain and supervise the repairs of U. S. Customs and Border Protection P-3 aircraft systems and components including, but not limited to T-56 engines, 54H60-77 propellers, auxiliary power units, flight controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, fuel systems, oxygen and mechanical components.
- Apply professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufacturers manuals / specifications.
- Performs corrosion control, enters in the maintenance records description of the work performed and verifies the work was performed satisfactorily, and other tasks as deemed necessary.
- Provides guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft maintenance, inspection and/or modification efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Out of country travel may be required for this position.
- 20 years’ experience and 15 years’ experience supporting P-3 and/or EP-3E aircraft.
- Ability to troubleshoot, isolate problems and repair all P-3 aircraft mechanical, electrical, engine and propeller systems.
- Experience on P-3 aircraft in the structural repair, fabrication, modification and installation of sheet metal parts, items, and assemblies.
- 8 years experience with the application and use of technical data and blueprints.
- Familiarity with the Naval Aviation Maintenance Program (NAMP) or equivalent.
- 3 years of documented aircraft supervisory experience.
- High School diploma or equivalent and 4 years’ additional education and/or related experience.
- A minimum of 4 years experience on P-3 or similar platform.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
- A current U.S. passport, accept period time away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
- FAA A, P, or A&P certification.
- Ability to obtain CBP Secret clearance
Employment is contingent on a) your ability to provide appropriate proof of your identity and eligibility to work in the United States; (b) your references and any background check being satisfactory to the Company; (c) you successfully passing a pre-employment drug test; and d) your ability to get a required clearance by your effective start date, if needed; and (e) KAI commencing performance on this contract.
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)