FEAM Aircraft Maintenance/Engineering is currently seeking an experienced Structure Technician to join our team in Chicago, IL, US. We pride ourselves on consistently exceeding our customers’ expectations and creating lifelong relationships with our clientele.
JOB TYPE: Full- Time
JOB SUMMARY: The Structures Technician is responsible for performing routine and non-routine heavy commercial aircraft maintenance and/or modifications in an MRO environment, including observation of repair layout, routine open/close, assist with sheet metal and structural repairs, component tagging, circuit breaker lockout/tag-out andsafe/proficient use of ground support equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to read and write English. Must pass airport security background checks and travel for work as required. Must have Good organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities. He / She must hold the appropriate licenses. Shall possess the knowledge and ability necessary to perform routine and other work required.Maintains adequate knowledge to understand and follow the repair facility’s inspection procedures manual.Exhibits positive, courteous behavior with customers, businesses and co-workers.Assists co-workers and those in other departments to successfully perform job tasks and functions when necessary.
- Ability to read, interpret, plan & work from complex SRM s reinforcing repairs and replacement of structures
- Ability to read, interpret, plan & work from complex blueprints, Service Bulletins, AD s, EO s, and EA s
- Ability and willingness to assist, guide, train, oversee and evaluate others
- Attentiveness and knowledge of aircraft schedule / assigned job budget
- Ability to schedule job tasks and meet completion timelines
- Complete skin repairs requiring doublers or triplers containing complex contours
- Complete complex repairs and replacements that require substantial disassembly wing spar, keel beam or other support structures.
- Perform maintenance on customer aircraft sheet metal components, composites and hydraulics
- Perform and document all work performed per appropriate manuals and regulations as required
- Adhere to FEAM General Work Requirements (Factory, Shop and / or Hanger positions)
- Comply with environmental health / safety policies / procedures, participate in 5-S activities and perform work in a safe and timely manner
- Remove / install aircraft components as required
- Fabricate and or modify structural modifications on aircraft part
- Perform minor structural repairs on composite components either attached or detached
- Assist in conducting hidden damage inspection of aircraft structures
- Assist with complex structural repairs either on or off aircraft
- Operate ground support equipment as required
- Assist with aircraft component repair
- Perform mechanical / electrical removals and installations as required
- May assist with maintenance at off-site locations
- Assist in wing removal as required
- Assist maintenance as required
- Inspect confined areas of airframe
- Assist in designing, modifying and welding metal fixtures as required
- Assist in providing time estimates as required
- Fabricate sheet and/or composite components
PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS: Ability to frequently be required to stand, walk, continually utilize hand and finger dexterity, climb, balance, bend, or crawl; occasionally from height and in precarious places. Be able to frequently lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds. Aware he / she will be working near moving mechanical parts as well as around fumes, airborne particles, or toxic chemicals while exposed to loud noises. Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment and read technical information. Be exposed to weather conditions outside as well as non-weather conditions such as extreme heat or cold.
REQUIREMENT: Must have a Current Valid Driver’s License & valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant License.
- College or University 2/4-year degree preferred
- Experience in analyzing and developing troubleshooting plans is a must.
- Experienced in one or more of the following system disciplines:
- Powerplant; JT9, CF6-80A & CF6-80C2 engine experience.
- Avionics to include system diagnostic troubleshooting, wiring checks, pitot-static fault isolation, auto-flight systems, etc.
- Aircraft Pneumatic systems
- Aircraft Hydraulic systems
- Aircraft Electrical systems
- Aircraft ECS systems
- Must have at least eighteen (18) months of practical experience operation as an Licensed A&P.