Aircraft Structures Mechanics: 34636
STS Technical Services •
, Michigan, United States
STS Technical Services is now hiring Aircraft Structures Mechanics in Oscoda, Michigan.
The Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic repairs, fabricates, modifies, and installs sheet metal parts, items, and assemblies. Sheet metal mechanic work requires knowledge of the physical properties and working characteristics of sheet metal, knowledge of tools and equipment required in the sheet metal trade, and knowledge of shop mathematics and principles.
- Shoot and buck rivets to specifications following FAA guidelines
- Recognize differences in types of metals including structural strength and thickness
- Perform sheet metal bends to guidelines and specifications as dictated in normal aviation practices
- Remove existing rivets from aircraft structure
- Work with and around a variety of chemicals and follow all OSHA standards in regards to PPE
- Build components for aircraft applications using a variety of sheet metal materials
- Make decisions regarding how to make repairs and know what repairs can and can’t be done
- Understand and apply FAA standards
- Read blueprints to ensure build and modification completion, follow both written and verbal instructions
- Effectively document job completion paperwork
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid FAA Airframe & Powerplant license strongly preferred
- Previous experience working with sheet metal, or completion of a technical school program in a similar field of study
- Must provide own tools
- Ability to use and effectively manager ERP program, time clock and company intranet
- Manage time to effectively meet company priorities
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Lay in a prone position for more than 4 hours
- Comfortably work at elevated heights of at least 40 feet for extended periods of time
- Lift balance, and carry 50 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangars and exterior weather conditions
- Work in close proximity to other people
- A $500 referral bonus if your referral works at least 60 days
- Long-term contract and direct hire positions are available. It’s all about you and what you prefer.
- Overtime is offered in abundance
- If you decide that you’d like to go direct, the benefits package you’ll receive is exceptional.
- Gain valuable experience working on 747’s and 767’s with the opportunity to obtain Gen Fam courses.
- A perfect landing place for veterans looking for a great career
- Due to a recent expansion, Kalitta Air just created 150 new jobs, and that means there are great advancement opportunities for those hoping to move into inspection, lead, supervisor and / or foreman roles
- Oscoda, Michigan offers a low-cost of living but a high-quality of life and a strong sense of community
- If you love the outdoors, you’ll love Oscoda. World class hunting and fishing is in your back yard
At STS Technical Services, we’re always searching for the very best to join our workforce. We know it takes great people to do great work, and if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page.Have questions? Call us at 1-800-359-4787.Thanks for taking the time to show interest in this incredible employment opportunity. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Ident #:
(Job and company information not to be copied, shared, scraped, or otherwise disseminated/distributed without explicit consent of JSfirm, LLC)